TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut and buff day

Why not do 8000 trizac while your at it

Dont forget to ceramic coat it when its done.

IMG-20210622-WA0005.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    S-C,

Actually just knowing there is another type pad with a different make up, in this case a 50/50 blend, I would have tried it eventually. If perchance it doesn't improve over my wool vs the blended pad when applied to CC that doesn't mean it won't improve work on SS (even though SS is nothing more than a pigmented CC), or maybe a blended panel, different brand CC, etc.. For instance, my go to clear is PPG DCU2021 for full shots and either dC2000, 3000 or 4000 for panel repair depending on number of panels to shoot. DCU2021 is a much softer CC in comparison to the PPG dc clears. Having another option in the shop when trying to make repairs is always a good thing and I really appreciate your taking the time to enlighten me on this product. If you think of any tips or tricks with this pad give me a shout.
    my instinct tells me that the 50/50 pad would be slower than a pure wool pad. i'm interested to hear what you make of it. i doubt if it would fully eliminate the foam pads, that orange pad is the bomb.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    my instinct tells me that the 50/50 pad would be slower than a pure wool pad. i'm interested to hear what you make of it. i doubt if it would fully eliminate the foam pads, that orange pad is the bomb.
    Marler,
    I think you are correct as my 8" double side wool pad makes quick work of surface after the Trizact 5000. However I'm thinking of different CC hardness, blends, etc.. When taking a panel to 5000 Trizact it doesn't take much to bring the panel out, so maybe this eliminates the need black foam and swirls? At Lens price it just can't hurt to give it a comparison in several environments. I'll give a shout after I get it in and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    Why not do 8000 trizac while your at it

Dont forget to ceramic coat it when its done.

IMG-20210622-WA0005.jpg
    Style,

You bring up a good point with the 8000 Trizact. However I'm not sure I understand the need for it. Do you use the 8000 prior to ceramic coat? Under what conditions would it benefit me above the 5000? Maybe skip the Trizact 5000 and go from 3000 to 8K Trizact? I feel like I already go too extremes on show quality finishing and just can't wrap my head around the need for 8000. About 15-20 years back I went to a 3M sponsored seminar for cut and buff at SEMA in which they stated the 3M black label product was equivalent to a 10-12K finished surface, so I'm not sure I understand where the Trizact 8K fits into this picture when I can easily go from 5K to polish out. Obviously there is a place for this product, I'm just not sure how you would progress from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    Hi Marler,

Yes, the pad feels a little softer to the touch, probably why it seems to glide across the surface smoother not being as aggressive and the reason I feel it brings out more luster.

When taking a panel to 5000 Trizact it doesn't take much to bring the panel out, so maybe this eliminates the need black foam and swirls? At Lens price it just can't hurt to give it a comparison in several environments. I'll give a shout after I get it in and give it a go.
    Ron,

Exactly, since you take it all the way to 5000, you might just skip the 100% wool pad altogether and use the 50/50 instead.

I think you will like it and find a use for it. If nothing else, it would serve as an intermediate pad prior to moving on to foam, but then again, who knows, with your expertise, you might get it damn near crystal clear!

Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Attachment 31550
    I think I should spend some time with Len in his shop. Bet I could learn a lot.
    Building my dream one piece at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    I think I should spend some time with Len in his shop. Bet I could learn a lot.
    couldn't we all? i love spending time with people more talented than i am. it's the best way to learn. working shoulder to shoulder, keeping my mouth shut.
    b marler

Attachment 31550
    Wow a computer guy, do you know WordPress?

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Wow a computer guy, do you know WordPress?
    Hi Len,

LolÖ computer guy, me, ha-ha, not even close.

As for WordPressÖ Donít know anything about it other than used for creating a website.

Are you planning on creating another, or possibly migrating, or?

Hi Len,

Lol… computer guy, me, ha-ha, not even close.

As for WordPress… Don’t know anything about it other than used for creating a website.

Are you planning on creating another, or possibly migrating, or?
    I have two other domain names, one is a Wix site (Autobodybasics.com) and the other one I just captured (Autobodyinfo.com) which I'd like to be a WordPress site. Neither of these sites are fully functional because I don't have much time to work on them and Autobodystore.com isn't mobile friendly but I'd like to eventually turn it into a WordPress site and make it mobile friendly.

I have two other domain names, one is a Wix site (Autobodybasics.com) and the other one I just captured (Autobodyinfo.com) which I'd like to be a WordPress site. Neither of these sites are fully functional because I don't have much time to work on them and Autobodystore.com isn't mobile friendly but I'd like to eventually turn it into a WordPress site and make it mobile friendly.
    Maybe an Autobodystore app one day? Would love too have that.

Len,

I checked out your other sites and am impressed, very promising, I like it.

I wish you all the luck with WordPress migration if you choose that route.

I donít know how you keep up with all that is necessary maintaining your website (websites), the store, your custom body/paint shop and your basic day to day life events.

Keep up the excellent work, I (we) all love your Autobodystore.com. This is a great place to learn, share experiences, make friends and drink beer!

Default Hmmmmm....

Len,

I checked out your other sites and am impressed, very promising, I like it.

I wish you all the luck with WordPress migration if you choose that route.

I don’t know how you keep up with all that is necessary maintaining your website (websites), the store, your custom body/paint shop and your basic day to day life events.

Keep up the excellent work, I (we) all love your Autobodystore.com. This is a great place to learn, share experiences, make friends and drink beer!
    YES, a very wise man once said: (Think it was 5:25 this evening!)

"I don’t know how you keep up with all that is necessary maintaining your website (websites), the store, your custom body/paint shop and your basic day to day life events.

Keep up the excellent work, I (we) all love your Autobodystore.com. This is a great place to learn, share experiences, make friends and drink beer"!

Good job S-C!

Henry

PS: Been wondering that for 23+ years here!

Maybe an Autobodystore app one day? Would love too have that.
    Great idea. I'll be sure to let everyone know if/when it happens.

Attachment 31550
    This is the best tip I have received all year. I'll take 4 ea. thank you very much!