TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hail damage repair and insurance

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Style, talk to me some more about ceramic coating ...

I keep getting asked a lot about from my customers
    ..I might as well do it...

Can it be profitable?

How is the learning curve to be good at it?
    Sb3 is what weve got now after going through alot of craziness highly reccomend coatings arent the issue it's all in the prep work.

Default Conclusion to hail damage

Just got the final hail damage report from insurance today after getting my truck re-evaluated (damaged in late April). Total damage 7480.00 This was within $20 of my estimate. If I had not pursued the ridiculous initial claim of $1500 (actual payout was 950.00 after deductible) I would have spent more on just materials and that would not have included the new windshield. Professional shop that did the second estimate had their PDR person take a look at it and he determined that of the 225 hail dings there was about 10-12 areas that could not be repaired by PDR and needed push to paint.

At least now I can get on with repairing my truck. I held off until insurance did their final appraisal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Just got the final hail damage report from insurance today after getting my truck re-evaluated (damaged in late April). Total damage 7480.00 This was within $20 of my estimate. If I had not pursued the ridiculous initial claim of $1500 (actual payout was 950.00 after deductible) I would have spent more on just materials and that would not have included the new windshield. Professional shop that did the second estimate had their PDR person take a look at it and he determined that of the 225 hail dings there was about 10-12 areas that could not be repaired by PDR and needed push to paint.

At least now I can get on with repairing my truck. I held off until insurance did their final appraisal.
    Wow I can't believe it took that long to get the final number. Do you have State Farm or Allstate? They were always the most difficult to deal with when I was doing insurance repairs. Glad to see you finally got what it takes to do the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Wow I can't believe it took that long to get the final number. Do you have State Farm or Allstate? They were always the most difficult to deal with when I was doing insurance repairs.
    Len,

I have Safeco. My disappointment was with the initial field adjuster as they obviously had no idea what they were doing. I pointed out to her the busted windshield and the well over 200 hail impacts. She actually appraised the total damage at just under $1500. After refuting this with Safeco (they agreed this was a bad adjustment) it took 5 months just to get an appointment and correct appraisal.