TheCoatingStore.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 36 chevy coupe custom dash and sub dash build

Ron I don't know how I missed this before now but you are a master at this art. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Ron I don't know how I missed this before now but you are a master at this art. I love it.
    You are too kind my friend. Coming from you that means a lot!

Default Finished doghouse assembly

Thank goodness fall has hit, all my car buddies are storing their cars and I can get on with my project! Finished up the doghouse assembly today...finally. Here are some pics, many of these pics are going to be repeated from previous posts as I just too tired and time constrained to produce new ones, sorry in advance;

This doghouse (radiator, front nose, headlights, towers, etc.) was a complete rust bucket when I started and there was damage beyond belief, especially to the waterfall grille, center moulding strip and grille surround. I spent countless hours to get these straight prior to going to chrome shop or in the case of stainless steel a load of time to bring to fruition here in the shop for final assembly. As I have a hard time tossing old iron or hard to find parts I enjoy the restore, just takes a lot of patience. Starting this the shell of doghouse;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (95.4 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (96.5 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (89.2 KB, 5 views)

Restoring the badly damaged grille
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (99.0 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (96.2 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (95.4 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (101.2 KB, 6 views)

Restoring center grille moulding strip and upper radiator bracket for new custom radiator
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (92.3 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (89.8 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (94.7 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (99.8 KB, 6 views)

Headlights restored

And finally today completed the assembly
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (101.8 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (99.8 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (103.3 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (102.4 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (101.6 KB, 5 views)

Done and ready to mount
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (103.6 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (100.5 KB, 5 views)

Ron you are definitely an artist. Where are you having your re-chroming done?

Len,

For better than 12-14 years I was using Concourse Trim in Fort Worth. That family owned company got bought out by Triple F Automotive (also Fort Worth) about 4 or 5 years ago. Triple F Auto still does my chrome work now and so far they have continued to produce a high end quality product when asking for "show quality" chrome. Best I can remember I have only had to send back one piece to be reworked. On that occasion they put it to the front of line and turn around was quick, obviously with no charge to me. They have a huge facility where they do frame off resto's. Their work is second to none. Check out their web site, https://www.triplefautomotive.com/

If you call them ask to speak with Rebecca and tell her I sent you, should get at least a 10% discount. If they don't discount your work please let me know and I'll make a few calls.

wow. just, wow.
    that is superb work. end of story.
    i just love looking at this, the rusty, bent, seemingly unimaginable thing to have dug from the earth from behind some old timers barn. destined for best of show...

reminds me, i need to stop working on boats and get my chrome grille parts boxed up and sent out.
    b marler

Default My Word!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Done and ready to mount
    Ditto to what LEN and all others have said to you, ABOUT YOU, this project, YOUR dedicated EXPERTISE, the OUTCOME, your PRESENTATIONS with fantastic TEXT, I mean YOU are truly BLESSED with a gift (to put it mildly!)

And to think, I still remember your FIRST POSTS on this site and have clicked on EVERY single thing you've posted since in 'awe'! How you have time to sleep (plus help others) is well beyond me!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

And look, even the puppy gave you a STANDING OVATION!

http://autobodystore.com/forum/showt...477#post437477

Thank you for sharing all your hard work and project(s) on this SITE for all & any of us to see and learn!

Lastly, I'm pretty good at what I do in autobody. Rebuilt & painted many salvage or other damage on so many vehicles. Managed to get most painted without colorsanding & buffing. BUT - Let Me Add - your work level makes me feel, you FORGOT more than I ever knew! Great job and keep going!

Henry