TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffing

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Henry, if you ever come across Farecla g360 compound, try that...

The best i have ever used...
    baubau,

I use the Farecla 360 for certain halos and swirl marks and it is fast cutting and a great product. What I would like to try are their discs but cannot find a source. Do you use their discs? Supply source?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    baubau,

I use the Farecla 360 for certain halos and swirl marks and it is fast cutting and a great product. What I would like to try are their discs but cannot find a source. Do you use their discs? Supply source?
    I deal with a warehouse that carries Farecla products a one liter of 360 would cost you $54.50 plus shipping. If you're interested in any of their other products let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I deal with a warehouse that carries Farecla products a one liter of 360 would cost you $54.50 plus shipping. If you're interested in any of their other products let me know.

Len,

Can you get the Farecla 6" G-sand discs in P1500? I use the Trizact now but have been wanting to try the Farecla. If you can get these discs what grits are available for the 6" P discs?

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    I put tons of LED lights in. I probably see too much in the paint that will never show lol I am also a big believer in putting plenty of CC on.

I typically sand with 1200, 1500, then 2000. I go over the dust spots first with 800-1000. It's usually about 98% good, with some scratches that need a little more work, or a dust bump is still up a little.
    Kcode,

Have you ever tried the Trizact 3000 and 5000 wet foam discs? I usually cut a project to 2500g wet by hand blocking followed by the Trizact foam pads on a 6" DA, Cuts your buffing time by 40-50% or more. I just started using these discs a few years ago and am hooked. I use them with an 7/16 and/or 1/2" interface pad prior to wool and foam pad buffing. Mind you this is for show quality and not trying to match a factory orange peel.

Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Sounds like high school days!
    Ya gotta love baubau's commitment to what he believes in...lol. He is actually a very wealth of knowledge

Len,

Can you get the Farecla 6" G-sand discs in P1500? I use the Trizact now but have been wanting to try the Farecla. If you can get these discs what grits are available for the 6" P discs?
    I just paged through about 125 products but didn't see any sanding disks, if you can get a part number I may be able to find what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    one shot deal...dont care
    Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Sounds like high school days!
    Ya gotta love baubau's commitment to what he believes in...lol. He is actually a very wealth of knowledge
    Lol…as my mind will sometimes go in the gutter (especially after drinking beer), one would have to stoop down (way down) to my level to understand my sometimes crude comments.

baubau’s comment reminded me of high school dating days. There was a group of us guys that would make similar comments like that after a one night stand

I just paged through about 125 products but didn't see any sanding disks, if you can get a part number I may be able to find what you want.
    Len,

Try either GSD715 or GSD720

Len,

Prefer the GSD712 (6" 1200g), but I'll take the GSD715 (P1500 in 6")

Len,

The only numbers the warehouse lists at this time are all start with G3 however that can change from week to week.

The only numbers the warehouse lists at this time are all start with G3 however that can change from week to week.
    Thanks Len for trying, I really appreciate your efforts. I'm having the same problem finding them. I'll stick with the 3M Trizact until I can at least have the opportunity to try them. Their 360g compound is a really nice product and I have heard their discs are just as good, just hard to find in the USA but In suspect they will be here soon.

Hehe, yea, keep making fun of me..all good..

So when it comes to buffing, compounding, polishing. I hate it I despise it .....

Out of this dislike, I have tried and experimented with many products available to me so that I can speed the process up..

My suggestions come from many trials and errors and failures..I am never afraid to try anything new or different, I know nothing...

Right now, I am rolling with Farecla....it is fast, great with wool pad, easy clean up , one step procewsand I don't Need swirl remover except on expensive black color jobs

Ronf, I have never tried Farecla sandpaper or foam pads, but I gotta feeling it is some other product relabelled..

I use Mirka Abralonn foam pads and Sunmight as well....cost effective long lasting quality..

I like Sunmight green disc's in 1500 and 2000 dry for quick leveling of orange peel...great product..

3m makes good stuff but it is overpriced...

And going with DA stepups 2000 3000 and 5000 saves a lot of time and money..