TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 55 Buick Wagon Two Tone

Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Nice write-up on the booth Len. Homemade Booth Link

Positive pressure sure sounds like a good way to go.

Being your incoming positive air is overhead and exhausting out the lower rear of the booth, do you notice any residual (stagnant) overspray air being left up near the front end of the booth?

I realize eventually all will be forced out, but it would seem that area would be somewhat slower moving in the air exchange process.

Your thoughts
    My air handler came out of a large apartment house and it moves a lot of air so no overspray lingers but it does take about 4 or 5 minutes to totally clear the room because the space is a lot larger than most spray booths.

beautiful work len. Love the 50's two tone cars and to top it is a wagon.

I really love your work, that Buick is beautiful. bmarler is absolutely correct when he states " it's funny with old cars, they all seem to have little dings on every panel, i think they get more banged up where they've been stored than when they were on the road."..so true!

On the headlight bezel area where you repaired the bucket retainer ring on the fender, did you consider using a shrinker/stretcher for this patch panel using 18 ga.? I only ask as I can see where it may have cut back your weld and grind time for this repair. shriker stretcher.jpg

Again, great job on this Buick. I love working on old iron!

Hi Ron
    We've using EZ Edge for areas like that and around rusted wheelhouses, words well.

Last edited by Len; 04-20-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Hi Ron
    We've using EZ Edge for areas like that and around rusted wheelhouses, words well.

I thought that is what you used. Several years back you put me onto the EZ Edge and I now keep it stocked in the shop, great product for holding rubber moldings as well. For years I made a similar product with my break press and cutters (and to some extent still do), now it is just too easy to have it ready made. The reason I brought this up is the lower crown edge, I couldn't remember how far that lower crown extends around the headlight bezel area on a 55' Buick and instantly thought of a bead roller for matching the crown, break press and a shrinker/stretcher to bring contour in. I admire your work and any time I have the chance to extent my knowledge I just have to ask. As always great work Len and crew.
    Last edited by Ronf; 04-21-2021 at 01:29 PM.