TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Sagola 4600 Video

Default Sagola 4600 Video

Here's a look at the Sagola 4600 in action. This painter is using the Trophy Truck model spray gun but it's the same as all the other 4600 guns Just a different color.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Here's a look at the Sagola 4600 in action. This painter is using the Trophy Truck model spray gun but it's the same as all the other 4600 guns Just a different color.
    This guy makes some good videos, and of course the gun is Awesome

Default Great video

Len,

Great video! I noticed he used the DVR cap for both bc and cc just as you recommended (and I used). Think I'll revisit and experiment with shooting my clear using the Sagola 4600 as I think I can produce the same results, or at least closer too, as my Sata 4000 rp with a little more practice. What I really liked about shooting clears with this gun is the limited over spray when compared to the Sata rp. Len, what pressure are you starting with when shooting HS clear that is mixed to the TDS (assuming you're shooting Glasurit clear)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Len,

Great video! I noticed he used the DVR cap for both bc and cc just as you recommended (and I used). Think I'll revisit and experiment with shooting my clear using the Sagola 4600 as I think I can produce the same results, or at least closer too, as my Sata 4000 rp with a little more practice. What I really liked about shooting clears with this gun is the limited over spray when compared to the Sata rp. Len, what pressure are you starting with when shooting HS clear that is mixed to the TDS (assuming you're shooting Glasurit clear)?
    Yes, I'm shooting mostly Glasurit clear with a 1.3XL Tip and Clear Cap at 27 PSI inlet pressure.

Default Just for "Ronf"

Saw this video and right away thought of “Ronf” The Ruby Red King with Sagola in-hand!

https://youtu.be/RzpMPt0WSyw

Quote Originally Posted by S-C View Post
    Saw this video and right away thought of “Ronf” The Ruby Red King with Sagola in-hand!

https://youtu.be/RzpMPt0WSyw
    S-C,

I am honored that you even remembered my build and I absolutely thank you for that. I really like the vid you posted as there is a lot too take note from between his mid and CC spraying. Obviously the video begins with the BC already applied, however When he shoots the mid coat (clear base tinted with VM4350 and pearl, no fleck) look at the over spray of his pattern using his HVLP CAP and DTP as compared to his CC application using the Sagola 4600 with DVR cap and DTP. The overspray is obvious right away and he changes his DTP by pulling in maybe 1/2-1" (OP has really nice DTP lines). This is where I am still trying to dial in the 4600 Extreme for CC. I've not yet been able to produce like results for shooting CC when comparing the Sagola to my Sata 4000 rp, but I'm getting closer with ever spray out. I'm sure you know and understand when switching guns you also have to find that sweet spot for the product you are shooting, i.e. over reducing, DTP, PSI, and pattern, etc.. I think I will have the Sagola 4600 w/DVR cap dialed in soon that will match and maybe even exceed my Sata 4000 rp for CC. This is but one reason I like to stay with one or two high end product lines as it makes life easier when changing equipment to get dialed in quicker. Again, I really appreciate you posting this vid, gotta love any info that a friend is willing to pass on that aides in laying that perfect pattern we are all trying to achieve! Have you had the opportunity too shoot with your Sagola? You are going to love this gun, just give yourself time to get dialed in. Do some experimenting with the products you like too shoot, makes for a world of difference.

Yes, this guy sprays with confidence, seems to have the feel and flow working for him.

Piling on the clear.JPG

At first I thought “holy crap” he sure is piling on the clear in the lower 4 corners of the bedside, but the end result sure came out nice!

And yes, I’m chomping at the bit to try mine, but life keeps getting in the way. I’ll be sure to post when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    S-C,

I am honored that you even remembered my build and I absolutely thank you for that.
    Are you kidding me, there is always a lot to learn from reading your posts. You are very meticulous in your work and explain things in great detail that make it easy to understand and follow along.

AND I SIR THANK YOU FOR THAT!

Keep up the GREAT work, and as always, enjoy the BEER!

P.S. … I’m frying mine now, Lol!