Thread: Painting Multiple colored stripes/graphics

Thumbs up Painting Multiple colored stripes/graphics

Hello all!!!
    I am ready to seal my project and want to spray two main colors, BC-CC, (tophalf-bottom half), and separate the two with freehand type striping.
    Needless to say I will be out of the recoat windows because of the time needed to lay out the striping.
    Will I need to scuff areas where I pass the recoat window, including the sealer???
    Also, how do the pros duplicate the same design from one side of the vehicle to the other?? When they freehand a pattern do they just freehand the second side and get is close to the first side?
    I did a project like this many years ago, that had only two colors and it came out nice, but I can't remember the steps I took. I don't recall scuffing, but I could be wrong..
    As always, I thank everyone for any and all suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Hello all!!!
    I am ready to seal my project and want to spray two main colors, BC-CC, (tophalf-bottom half), and separate the two with freehand type striping.
    Needless to say I will be out of the recoat windows because of the time needed to lay out the striping.
    Will I need to scuff areas where I pass the recoat window, including the sealer???
    Also, how do the pros duplicate the same design from one side of the vehicle to the other?? When they freehand a pattern do they just freehand the second side and get is close to the first side?
    I did a project like this many years ago, that had only two colors and it came out nice, but I can't remember the steps I took. I don't recall scuffing, but I could be wrong..
    As always, I thank everyone for any and all suggestions...
    Yes once the base or sealer is out of the recoat window you should scuff it prior to applying more paint.

The professionals that stripe, that I know, usually lay a piece of tape close to where the stripe will go then use the tape as a guide but the tape doesn't come up against the painted stripe.