TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: My Mustang project

Default My Mustang project

My Mustang project
    Hey folks.... this is my project I am working on.
    The Fastback is the car I am building. The coupe is a parts car. The fast back is a 73, the coupe a 72.
    The Fastback has a lot of body problems, lots of rust and damage. The parts car does too but it has a full interior and good front fenders and other parts I will be using.

20200922_223207.jpg
    20200713_183507.jpg
    20201103_082656.jpg

The 73 was drag raced a little.. they really tore it up and then it sat out exposed.. rust ate up the trunk, floors and the quarters. the car also was hit in the front. The PO started doing repairs.. did a real lousy job on the right rear quarter and also on the front apron replacements. The damage to the front shock towers, rad support and was not done well either.
    So I have a lot of sheet metal repairs to do, and all the other stuff to. I am a competent welder, can do some bodywork and admit i'm a bit less worthy on painting. I came to this forum to pick up some info, ideas and maybe help as this project goes along.

20201101_111805.jpg
    20201101_111916.jpg
    20201101_111940.jpg

I don't know why those pics are upside down.. I've tried everything to get them to orient correct but to no avail..

Great project! Do you plan on removing all of the mechanics, engine, suspension etc. ?

Hi Len!..
    Yes.. this one is going down completely to the shell.
    I will be removing all of the front end..new frame rails, shock towers and inner fender aprons..the rad support will be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerbillz View Post
    Hi Len!..
    Yes.. this one is going down completely to the shell.
    I will be removing all of the front end..new frame rails, shock towers and inner fender aprons..the rad support will be replaced.
    Be sure to post pictures as you progress, we're all interested.

Thanks Len..
    I will be documenting this project build thoroughly.. I even have started a YouTube channel for my projects.. I have a few motorcycle projects in various stages..
    Just look for "Soonerbillz"
    ...but I will be posting up in here as well along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerbillz View Post
    Thanks Len..
    I will be documenting this project build thoroughly.. I even have started a YouTube channel for my projects.. I have a few motorcycle projects in various stages..
    Just look for "Soonerbillz"
    ...but I will be posting up in here as well along the way.
    You can post your videos here by clicking on that film icon and putting in the YouTube address in the box. Try to put your posts all in one thread so it's easy to follow your work.

Ok Len ... will do!