TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: wizards mystic cut, 3d

Default wizards mystic cut, 3d

Years ago, mystic cut was used by a lot and considered the best by some. I liked it and still have some. Is it still one of the best compounds to use? I ordered something else called 3D ONE and 3D poxy sealant partially because it ships quick and has great reviews. I did a search on here but didnt see it mentioned. Anyone use it? I am color sanding fresh paint. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Years ago, mystic cut was used by a lot and considered the best by some. I liked it and still have some. Is it still one of the best compounds to use? I ordered something else called 3D ONE and 3D poxy sealant partially because it ships quick and has great reviews. I did a search on here but didnt see it mentioned. Anyone use it? I am color sanding fresh paint. thanks
    I checked but none of my supplying warehouses carry 3D One. Do you know who manufacturers it?

no, I just saw it on amazon.

If anyone is curious...I feel it did not cut or gloss as quick as mystic cut and menzerna heavy cut. I tried them all...I have time. I used it for the second buff, using a foam pad though.

Default 3D

If anyone is curious...I feel it did not cut or gloss as quick as mystic cut and menzerna heavy cut. I tried them all...I have time. I used it for the second buff, using a foam pad though.
    I think 3D is the company that makes it-3D. They have a full line of detailing supplies. They use a similar 1,2,3 compound progression like 3M.
    The 3D #1 compound which is the coarsest dries like cement. It gets so hard and is really hard to clean up. I was working at a shop that used it and I didn't like the way it cut, never mind the clean up. The #2 was pretty good. Mystic cut is a better product for me and my Makita.

dlm ny country

dlm...I noticed it dries like cement too. But so does mystic cut. I've always had a problem with that and it's the worst part of buffing (for me). I also use the makita. Compound gets in the cracks. I usually still have the car taped and covered but there is still lots of room for compound to get in to. I guess there is no way around it.

dlm...I noticed it dries like cement too. But so does mystic cut. I've always had a problem with that and it's the worst part of buffing (for me). I also use the makita. Compound gets in the cracks. I usually still have the car taped and covered but there is still lots of room for compound to get in to. I guess there is no way around it.
    Mystic Cut isn't as hard to remove even after it dries compared to other products. However, we normally rinse off the compound after we finish a panel before the compound dries in the gaps.

I've been using Wizzards Mystic Cut (smell like grape) for the last several years. My only gripe is it isn't coarse enough. I started using 3-M SuperDuty compound at least 40 years ago and I STILL use it when compounds like Mystic Cut just isn't cutting fast enough. I wouldn't be without 3-M SuperDuty rubbing compound. It IS coarse compound and needs to be finished off with a finer compound. Personally I prefer either Transtar's TruCut compound which is finer than Mystic Cut and gives a brighter shine. Almost always use a wool pad for the 3-M SuperDuty compound.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    I've been using Wizzards Mystic Cut (smell like grape) for the last several years. My only gripe is it isn't coarse enough. I started using 3-M SuperDuty compound at least 40 years ago and I STILL use it when compounds like Mystic Cut just isn't cutting fast enough. I wouldn't be without 3-M SuperDuty rubbing compound. It IS coarse compound and needs to be finished off with a finer compound. Personally I prefer either Transtar's TruCut compound which is finer than Mystic Cut and gives a brighter shine. Almost always use a wool pad for the 3-M SuperDuty compound.
    i find the mystic cut on a wool pad to cut pretty well. definitely the super duty is faster, but needs a careful hand. i find that if the mystic cut isn't getting it, i probably didn't sand good enough.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i find the mystic cut on a wool pad to cut pretty well. definitely the super duty is faster, but needs a careful hand. i find that if the mystic cut isn't getting it, i probably didn't sand good enough.
    I rarely sand past 1200 grit to 1500 grit. Personally I find it a waste of time and energy to go finer than that.