Thread: lph80

Default lph80

Hi, I have a question about mini guns, I am new to painting and my first project is a old harley, I have been using an iwata lph400 so far. The fan on this gun is too large for my purposes, I have learned with the lph400 that it sprays high solid clear best when I reduce it 10%, I have a 1.3 nozzle,and silver cap. My question is i am thinking about an lph80 the biggest nozzle available is a 1.2, I am wondering if I can make it work. I have another motorcycle to paint in the future and small body parts floorboards,etc. I have learned to make the lph400 work for me, but it does have a lot of overspray, my main concern is having to reduce the clear too much to spray through the 1.2 nozzle on the lph80, thanks in advance for any insight

Sorry somehow posted this in the wrong section!

I think you posted in the right section, I just donít know the answer. I never use a mini gun. I spray everything with two regular size guns I own. One for primer and one for paint and clear. I turn down the air to the fan if I want a smaller pattern.

Bob K

Quote Originally Posted by 65flh View Post
    Hi, I have a question about mini guns, I am new to painting and my first project is a old harley, I have been using an iwata lph400 so far. The fan on this gun is too large for my purposes, I have learned with the lph400 that it sprays high solid clear best when I reduce it 10%, I have a 1.3 nozzle,and silver cap. My question is i am thinking about an lph80 the biggest nozzle available is a 1.2, I am wondering if I can make it work. I have another motorcycle to paint in the future and small body parts floorboards,etc. I have learned to make the lph400 work for me, but it does have a lot of overspray, my main concern is having to reduce the clear too much to spray through the 1.2 nozzle on the lph80, thanks in advance for any insight
    In most cases the smaller gun can use a smaller fluid tip than the larger guns. We use several smaller guns and they work fine with 1.0 fluid tips that would be too small on the larger guns so a 1.2 should work fine for you.

Thanks I wanted to stay with iwata, and seems like the fan size on The lph80 would be perfect for tanks ,fenders and small parts, but I wanted to be able to spray high solid clear

Quote Originally Posted by 65flh View Post
    Thanks I wanted to stay with iwata, and seems like the fan size on The lph80 would be perfect for tanks ,fenders and small parts, but I wanted to be able to spray high solid clear
    I have an LPH80 with a 1.2 tip and a cup for $335 plus shipping.