TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: sagola 4500

Default sagola 4500

So glad this forum is still here! I've been gone for some time. I see some names from before that are still here. Just now decided I need to paint a couple vehicles. I forget so much. Started getting my stuff out from many years ago. I found this really nice 4500 digital extreme gun I bought from Len when it was on sale. It worked really good before, made up for me not being so good. There is an orange cap and a green cap. The orange says clear, so I know what to do with that. What is the green? There is not indication of 1.4 or 1.3 on it (that I can read). owners manual missing. I'm thinking the green is base coat. Set to about 29-30 with trigger pulled, right? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    So glad this forum is still here! I've been gone for some time. I see some names from before that are still here. Just now decided I need to paint a couple vehicles. I forget so much. Started getting my stuff out from many years ago. I found this really nice 4500 digital extreme gun I bought from Len when it was on sale. It worked really good before, made up for me not being so good. There is an orange cap and a green cap. The orange says clear, so I know what to do with that. What is the green? There is not indication of 1.4 or 1.3 on it (that I can read). owners manual missing. I'm thinking the green is base coat. Set to about 29-30 with trigger pulled, right? Thanks!
    Hi Mike, I believe the green air cap might be the HVLP cap but I use the clear cap on the 4500 and the 4600 for everything. The 1.3 or 1.4 is an indication of the fluid tip size, the fluid tip is the part you see under the air cap. The fluid tip size is etched into the edge of the fluid tip.

Yes 29 PSI with the trigger pulled is the recommended pressure.

thanks Len. Good to see you still here. Here is a pic. It says LXT and is green. Do you use the clear (orange) for both the base, clear, and also S/S? If so, I guess I didnt need this green one...but I must have purchased it for some reason.
    20201108_194235.jpg

The green HVLP cap has a better transfer efficiency and generates less overspray but won't apply paint as smoothly. Some users use the HVLP cap for base coat applications but I use the clear cap for everything including base, clear and single stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The green HVLP cap has a better transfer efficiency and generates less overspray but won't apply paint as smoothly. Some users use the HVLP cap for base coat applications but I use the clear cap for everything including base, clear and single stage.
    I'm a bit confused. Is the Segola 4500 or 4600 considered an hvlp or RP gun dependent on the tip you use?
    Last edited by Len; 11-10-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Is the Segola 4500 or 4600 considered an hvlp or RP gun dependent on the tip you use?
    Yes, the HVLP cap allows a lower pressure to be generated in the cap in order for it to qualify as HVLP while the clear cap has a higher pressure in the cap and atomizes better.

I believe this happens because of the orifice sizes in the different caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    That sounds like a nice life hack, are you using the 1.3 or 1.4? I'm guessing 1.4.