TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Getting Collision Repair Certified

Default Getting Collision Repair Certified

Hello friends!

I've been tasked with researching certified repair networks that a few different makes offer to keep their repairs more OEM and by the book for more peace of mind to their customers. I've been looking around and I'm trying to see which ones are actually worth it and will give my shop business and which ones are a waste of my time and money.

My boss said that the last time they got certified under Assured Performance and their slew of brands, the dealerships and brands didn't keep their promise and there was no value in being certified. That was in 2015 and after the business slow down around May and June, we'd like to look into them again and see if they've changed their ways.

Any advice or anecdotes are appreciated! Please tell me how they've helped you or hindered you.

Thank you!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VWMon View Post
    Hello friends!

I've been tasked with researching certified repair networks that a few different makes offer to keep their repairs more OEM and by the book for more peace of mind to their customers. I've been looking around and I'm trying to see which ones are actually worth it and will give my shop business and which ones are a waste of my time and money.

My boss said that the last time they got certified under Assured Performance and their slew of brands, the dealerships and brands didn't keep their promise and there was no value in being certified. That was in 2015 and after the business slow down around May and June, we'd like to look into them again and see if they've changed their ways.

Any advice or anecdotes are appreciated! Please tell me how they've helped you or hindered you.

Thank you!!!!!
    If you are looking for repairs paid for by an insurance company then the insurance company usually won't pay for OEM parts. If you are going to pay privately for the repair you can go to a car dealer and tell them you want OEM parts and either have them do the repairs or take it to a private shop to do the work. As far as a private business goes it would depend on your location and your search method, sometimes it pays to use a town Facebook page to see who does good repairs in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by VWMon View Post
    Hello friends!

Thank you!!!!!
    Are you looking to be a DRP shop ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Are you looking to be a DRP shop ?
    We are already a DRP shop so we are getting business from the insurance side but we are still looking for more business.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    If you are looking for repairs paid for by an insurance company then the insurance company usually won't pay for OEM parts. If you are going to pay privately for the repair you can go to a car dealer and tell them you want OEM parts and either have them do the repairs or take it to a private shop to do the work. As far as a private business goes it would depend on your location and your search method, sometimes it pays to use a town Facebook page to see who does good repairs in your area.
    I'm looking for anyone who has had experience working at a body shop that was a part of an OEM certified repair network (CRN). The idea behind the OEM CRN is to get more business in our doors as a result of dealerships recommending their customers to us in the event that they need body work. Also, some programs give cash back on OEM parts.

This is where my boss said that previously, being a part of the program wasn't worth it because dealerships weren't recommending anyone to us and then, to your point, the insurance company wouldn't front the cash for those OEM parts.

Thanks for your reply!