TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Small dent repair on fresh epoxy

Default Small dent repair on fresh epoxy

I just sprayed my doors with Omni epoxy primer and noticed one of the doors has a small dent , ~1/2" round, along one of the body lines (1972 Dodge Dart) that I missed. Just curious how the pros fix this. I will try to work it out a little but it will need some filler.

Can this be added during the 72 recoat window without sanding or do I need to let it harden and then sand and fill?

Also, would you re-prime the entire door skin or just spray some on the repair area? I will eventually sand it before the sealer and color.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MT99 View Post
    I just sprayed my doors with Omni epoxy primer and noticed one of the doors has a small dent , ~1/2" round, along one of the body lines (1972 Dodge Dart) that I missed. Just curious how the pros fix this. I will try to work it out a little but it will need some filler.

Can this be added during the 72 recoat window without sanding or do I need to let it harden and then sand and fill?

Also, would you re-prime the entire door skin or just spray some on the repair area? I will eventually sand it before the sealer and color.

Thanks!
    If I were doing it I'd allow the epoxy to harden then scuff it with a little 180 grit, fill the dent with some polyester putty, block it level then re-prime the spot. After it hardens I'd sand the entire door with some 600 wet and apply my color.

i've used omni epoxy several times. len gives good advice to let it harden, but don't wait too long. when i use that epoxy i wait 24 hours for it to firm up and then hit it with 80 grit where i need to fill. i try to get my filler work done so i can cover the filler with more epoxy and then shoot 2k urethane primer while still in the re coat window.
    b marler