TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Zero Rust UV stability

Default Zero Rust UV stability

I've got an 86 Dodge D300 dump truck I'm cleaning up and was considering Zero Rust for the frame. Everyone I've read about uses it on a frame UNDER a vehicle but on a dump truck the frame is sort of exposed in the back. The dump body shades it somewhat but will Zero Rust fade or chalk in this application. I'm thinking black if it matters. Bob

Default YES!

Quote Originally Posted by oldiron View Post
    I've got an 86 Dodge D300 dump truck I'm cleaning up and was considering Zero Rust for the frame. Everyone I've read about uses it on a frame UNDER a vehicle but on a dump truck the frame is sort of exposed in the back. The dump body shades it somewhat but will Zero Rust fade or chalk in this application. I'm thinking black if it matters. Bob
    I happen to LOVE Zero Rust (ZR) and have used it on many projects "just because" (I love to test stuff). Anyway, about 3+ years ago the black powder coating was coming loose on my snow plow frame. I sanded it well and used ZR for the top coat. As of right now it sits the way it was buzz bombed and looks like when it was done. The stuff really does what it says.

Have used it on undercarriages or used it behind patches I welded in and all is fine. So yes, I think you would do well using it for your truck. I think apply light coats rather than thick wet ones for best adhesion.

Thanks for reminding me as I need to order some from Len. My shop supply guy wants over $25 for a SPRAY can. He never charged me that but i don't want to use up a favor from him when I can have it in a day or two from Len. Let us know what you do.

Henry

PS: I came back to share the link here to ZR:
    http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=6RCC