Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Best overall polish for buffing and polishing

Thread: Best overall polish for buffing and polishing

Default Best overall polish for buffing and polishing

Years ago I picked up a 32 oz. bottle of "True Finish Polish" from the store here and I don't have enough left to buff and polish my latest paint project. It is listed here as "Sure Finish" but I suspect it isn't made anymore or the company was sold and the product's name was changed.

In any case.... I need a replacement. A one size fits all single product for buffing and polishing a new single stage paint job. I've color sanded down to 1500 and buffed and polished the roof with what True Finish I had left. As usual it came out very nice but I need an equivalent product to finish. Any recommendations that won't break the bank???

IMG_6484a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Centerline View Post
    Years ago I picked up a 32 oz. bottle of "True Finish Polish" from the store here and I don't have enough left to buff and polish my latest paint project. It is listed here as "Sure Finish" but I suspect it isn't made anymore or the company was sold and the product's name was changed.

In any case.... I need a replacement. A one size fits all single product for buffing and polishing a new single stage paint job. I've color sanded down to 1500 and buffed and polished the roof with what True Finish I had left. As usual it came out very nice but I need an equivalent product to finish. Any recommendations that won't break the bank???
    Try Wizard's Mystic Cut you won't believe how good it is, we've been using it for a couple of years and love it. It must be the nano technology.

I use Meguiar's, They have any grit you would possibly need.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerline View Post

IMG_6484a.jpg
    We just found a supplier that sells Mystic Cut in an 8 oz size. It's enough to do a full size car and it costs less than the 32oz bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Try Wizard's Mystic Cut you won't believe how good it is, we've been using it for a couple of years and love it. It must be the nano technology.

x2 on the wizards. i love that stuff, great initial cut, nice diminishing abrasive as you go. it's the only compound i use these days.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    x2 on the wizards. i love that stuff, great initial cut, nice diminishing abrasive as you go. it's the only compound i use these days.
    X3, Len put me on to this a few years back, I love it. I use to use 3M black label which is a decent product but as Len states that nano tech can't be beat.

Question:
    Few years back probably goes to Len, I used as Len suggested a yellow wool pad after sanding clear coat and a white wool pad on the Makita I bought from you for a final finish— both with Sure Finish. All (3) cars have been multiple trophy winners with (2) best in show. So they turned out great obviously. With this new Mystic product (New to me) do I use the same protocol and can I expect the same result?

Quote Originally Posted by ghackett1 View Post
    Question:
    Few years back probably goes to Len, I used as Len suggested a yellow wool pad after sanding clear coat and a white wool pad on the Makita I bought from you for a final finish— both with Sure Finish. All (3) cars have been multiple trophy winners with (2) best in show. So they turned out great obviously. With this new Mystic product (New to me) do I use the same protocol and can I expect the same result?
    Things have changed so much since back then first off nobody uses will anymore maybe wool foam hybrid second nobody uses a rotary polisher anymore either..

Look into a rupes bigfoot 21 the newest model and some decent pads from igl.. also nobody waxes cars either it's all about the ceramics pm I can help you with ceramic coatings that arent sold to the public and last a long time..

20201113_172755.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    Things have changed so much since back then first off nobody uses will anymore maybe wool foam hybrid second nobody uses a rotary polisher anymore either..

Look into a rupes bigfoot 21 the newest model and some decent pads from igl.. also nobody waxes cars either it's all about the ceramics pm I can help you with ceramic coatings that arent sold to the public and last a long time..

20201113_172755.jpg
    can those ceramics be used over imron style paints? (polyester urethanes?) i have a boat i did about 15 years ago that looks pretty good still but i'd like to get a few more years out of it cause it's a bear to find a yard willing to let you paint any more.
    i'd like to know more about them anyway.
    b marler

Yes they have one specifically for boats.

20201112_211211.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    Yes they have one specifically for boats.

20201112_211211.jpg
    i looked at the website to see how it's applied but they don't really say. i only saw pictures of it being applied with a foam block covered with some kind of cloth. surely this can't be the whole process.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i looked at the website to see how it's applied but they don't really say. i only saw pictures of it being applied with a foam block covered with some kind of cloth. surely this can't be the whole process.
    Sry PM me for further questions.

And our current go to ceramic coating is xpel fusion btw.