TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: gmc truck parts diagrams

Default gmc truck parts diagrams

hi guys.
    i know this isn't really a paint question but i wasn't sure where to post this. len, feel free to move it if you think it belongs somewhere else.
    i recently inherited a 1998 gmc extended cab truck from a buddy of mine. i am going to fix a few things on it and use as a shop truck.
    this thing has had a ton of water leaking into the cab so i'm looking for the right seals to get it watertight again.
    some of the seals are NLA so i'm trying to do some workarounds. i've heard that the lmc seals aren't very good, anyone have another opinion?
    does anyone have the spare parts diagrams for the cab on these? i've found some of the door seals but there's a roof rail seal and possibly some windshield side pieces that are a little harder to identify.
    truck has a peeling clearcoat problem on the hood and roof so i need to figure out exactly what i'm going to do to address that. black color, funny how it seems all my newer cars are black now.
    thanks guys,
    b
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    hi guys.
    i know this isn't really a paint question but i wasn't sure where to post this. len, feel free to move it if you think it belongs somewhere else.
    i recently inherited a 1998 gmc extended cab truck from a buddy of mine. i am going to fix a few things on it and use as a shop truck.
    this thing has had a ton of water leaking into the cab so i'm looking for the right seals to get it watertight again.
    some of the seals are NLA so i'm trying to do some workarounds. i've heard that the lmc seals aren't very good, anyone have another opinion?
    does anyone have the spare parts diagrams for the cab on these? i've found some of the door seals but there's a roof rail seal and possibly some windshield side pieces that are a little harder to identify.
    truck has a peeling clearcoat problem on the hood and roof so i need to figure out exactly what i'm going to do to address that. black color, funny how it seems all my newer cars are black now.
    thanks guys,
    b
    I've used LMC parts with no problems but I don't think I've used their seals. As far a peeling paint goes we would just strip it down to the metal the prime and paint.

Default Hmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    hi guys.
    thanks guys,
    b
    We know someone who may be able to help on your parts AND your diagram. Send a PM to Brian and I'd bet a coffee & a donut he'll have a good response.

PAINTP: You say peeling paint (on a 98) Like how that rymes? Anyway whenever you say something like that, two things come to mind. One is a repaint that failed and is peeling. Second would be OEM paint that is delaminating in either case, Len gave you the answer. Later.

Henry