TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Looking for a kick*** silver

Default Looking for a kick*** silver

Doing a resto mod of a vintage Italian scooter.

Looking for a modern bright / brilliant true silver color in a single stage, with very fine metallics.

Any suggestions? Paint codes and pics welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
    Doing a resto mod of a vintage Italian scooter.

Looking for a modern bright / brilliant true silver color in a single stage, with very fine metallics.

Any suggestions? Paint codes and pics welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    I'd recommend that you call body shop suppliers in your area to see if they have paint chips that they can show you. Go look at the chips (usually the size of a pack of cigarettes) and get them to mix the paint for you.

My local paint shop isnít allowing customers inside due to covid. Curbside pick up only. Theyíre not letting customers touch their paint books. Thatís the reason Iím asking here.

BMW and Toyota Lexus have nice silvers..

Because of these virus restrictions, one avenue for your search into the "perfect silver" would be to drive around the parking lots at as many new car dealers as you choose and search them for a silver you could live with.

A point to consider -- the smaller the metallics in the paint - the less brilliant the paint will look. The brightness of the paint is directly proportional to the amount of light that paint reflects. Smaller metallic flakes reflect less light.

My local paint shop isnít allowing customers inside due to covid. Curbside pick up only. Theyíre not letting customers touch their paint books.
    May see if you can explain what you are looking for and maybe they could show you the chips through the window.