TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Gold leaf and clear

Default Gold leaf and clear

Have a project that I'm thinking of using gold leaf for and I am wondering about clear over the gold leaf. Looking for any tipnyou guys may have and don't mind sharing.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 440A-body View Post
    Have a project that I'm thinking of using gold leaf for and I am wondering about clear over the gold leaf. Looking for any tipnyou guys may have and don't mind sharing.
    Thanks in advance!
    The only gold leaf I've had done was a sign on my truck a couple decades ago. The sign painter put on the gold then put swirls in it using his thumb. There are several videos on YouTube like the one below. Just go on YouTube and type "gold leaf" into the search and you'll have your choice of several videos.

Any automotive clear will go over gold leaf, use good sizing and if you want swirls like Len speaks of velvet works nice.

Default Request?

Quote Originally Posted by 440A-body View Post
    Thanks in advance!
    Post a couple pics of what you end up doing. Many of us would like to see your successes. Thanks.

Henry