TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Full Face vs Hood - fresh air supplied

Default Full Face vs Hood - fresh air supplied

small heated slab, insulated/tight 24x32' shop
    I have a collection of P100 dust masks, a full face 3M that I use organic cartridges with (stored in zip lock baggy.
    This is my hobby shop that I spend 4-8 hours a week in, maybe the full weekend in a blue moon.
    I am typ welding on, sanding, priming my jeep,, or other od poject involving rattle cans of paint.

I am going to get a fresh air setup,, but cant decide on a full face mask or a hood.
    My full face 3M has sealed good on my very close cut "goat"

I would make a perm set up with thru the wall, and the hose coiled up on a hose rack ready to go with a flip of a switch.
    95% would be 5-10 min spraying of components, with maybe a full auto paint job 1-2 times a year.
    also using the hose for fresh air in my welders helmet.

Is the hood as convenient as a mask for quick spays?

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    small heated slab, insulated/tight 24x32' shop
    I have a collection of P100 dust masks, a full face 3M that I use organic cartridges with (stored in zip lock baggy.
    This is my hobby shop that I spend 4-8 hours a week in, maybe the full weekend in a blue moon.
    I am typ welding on, sanding, priming my jeep,, or other od poject involving rattle cans of paint.

I am going to get a fresh air setup,, but cant decide on a full face mask or a hood.
    My full face 3M has sealed good on my very close cut "goat"

I would make a perm set up with thru the wall, and the hose coiled up on a hose rack ready to go with a flip of a switch.
    95% would be 5-10 min spraying of components, with maybe a full auto paint job 1-2 times a year.
    also using the hose for fresh air in my welders helmet.

Is the hood as convenient as a mask for quick spays?
    I'm a hood fan myself, the full face mask is more expensive and has the hose in front while the hood has the hose in back of you and is very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. And when the hood gets dirty and you want a new one it's cheap to replace. Check out the Hobbyair systems linked below.