TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Gloss Clear Type over Polyester Gloss Clear ?

Default Gloss Clear Type over Polyester Gloss Clear ?

hello everyone ....can anyone tell me compatible high gloss clear types and will be able to get spray over existing polyester gloss clear ?? .....urethane ? acrylic ? ....it seems I cannot locate polyester gloss clear in a rattle can, as this touch up work is rather small so I don't want to invest in quart or gallon, nor have to 2-part catalyst mix for my HVLP gun ....hence, hoping another type of gloss clear I can get in rattle can can go down over polyester gloss clear ....THANK YOU for the assist

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Freddy View Post
    hello everyone ....can anyone tell me compatible high gloss clear types and will be able to get spray over existing polyester gloss clear ?? .....urethane ? acrylic ? ....it seems I cannot locate polyester gloss clear in a rattle can, as this touch up work is rather small so I don't want to invest in quart or gallon, nor have to 2-part catalyst mix for my HVLP gun ....hence, hoping another type of gloss clear I can get in rattle can can go down over polyester gloss clear ....THANK YOU for the assist
    Hi Freddy, welcome aboard
    If you just doing a small job you may want something like Spray Max 2K clear in an aerosol.

Maximum resistance to abrasion and scratching
    Very smooth flow
    Lasting high gloss
    Very good polishing ability
    No colour deviation
    Outstanding painting surface
    Suitable even at higher ambient temperatures

2K clear coat with very high chemical, gasoline, and weather resistance for high-quality and long-term sealing of repair paint jobs and new paint jobs on cars and motorcycles.
    It's $25 for a 2K aerosol.

like this, just ordered a can ! ....THANK YOU ....assuming this can go over the already set-up polyester gloss clear .....

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Freddy View Post
    like this, just ordered a can ! ....THANK YOU ....assuming this can go over the already set-up polyester gloss clear .....
    As long as the substrate is a "hardened" finish you should have no problems.