TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Hi Flo plugs couplers

Default Hi Flo plugs couplers

Will using hi Flo plugs and couplers squeeze more cfm's out of my compressor when using my gun. Thanks v

Quote Originally Posted by Vza View Post
    Will using hi Flo plugs and couplers squeeze more cfm's out of my compressor when using my gun. Thanks v
    No, high flow couplers won't make a difference in what you're doing. I used them for awhile and found that they made a slight difference in air getting to the gun when the hose was over 50' long but have nothing to do with the amount of CFM that the compressor puts out.

Hm...do they make more of a difference with power tools ie sanders impact hams? Just curious...thanks v

Hm...do they make more of a difference with power tools ie sanders impact hams? Just curious...thanks v
    If you are using a hose that's very long or have other restrictions it could make a difference but under normal conditions they are not needed.

the only tool i use high flow couplers on are big impact tools. like 3/4 or 1 inch impact tools.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    the only tool i use high flow couplers on are big impact tools. like 3/4 or 1 inch impact tools.
    Yes, and also large blasters or blasting cabinets. I have a couple of small and medium blasters that work fine with standard fittings.

It will not help if air volume is low from source, the compressor...

But if you have powerful compressor, then yes, high flow couplers will help a lot with paint spraying in the booth..

Some say no, some say yes, I definitely use them and it makes a world of difference..

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    It will not help if air volume is low from source, the compressor...

But if you have powerful compressor, then yes, high flow couplers will help a lot with paint spraying in the booth..

Some say no, some say yes, I definitely use them and it makes a world of difference..
    What difference do you see? I purchased high flow fittings for my paint booth and used them for a couple weeks and saw no difference. I went back to the 1/4" fittings so that all of my tools could be used on any hose. When I went back to the smaller fittings I still saw no difference. However when I use a 50' or longer hose there is a slight difference in air supply to my tools and to get the same results with smaller fittings I may need to increase the pressure at the wall regulator.