TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint booth purchase question

Default Included!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Why haven't you already bought this booth, that's a steal? I bought a used booth that was 2 years old 30+ years ago and made some changes this year that you might be interested in. First, upgraded ventilation from negative to positive pressure (downdraft should already have that), increased blower intake to provide 6 air exchanges per minute from 4 ( your specs show a little under 4 exchanges per minute), made a huge difference. Installed Marlite FSB over galv. steel walls (remember I purchased my booth used and I have had it for over 30 years and was negative pressure, walls were covered in years of paint). I'm with henry and bmarler in that I love the galv walls. Lastly, I Upgraded to LED lights, another huge change and I would recommend doing this from the start.
    I missed it the first couple times I read the specs he posted but see the following:

"(10) 4 TUBE LED LIGHT FIXTURES 120V. (BULBS INCLUDED)"

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I missed it the first couple times I read the specs he posted but see the following:

"(10) 4 TUBE LED LIGHT FIXTURES 120V. (BULBS INCLUDED)"

Henry
    As always henry your right on the money, age must be catching up with me as I surely missed it.

Default Absolutely agree

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    depending on how the converter was handled there may not be any power loss at all. i work extensively with vfd's and there are a ton of options for single phase drives without de-rating the output. they're pretty reasonably priced too. in fact, IF the fan can be run faster than design speed without stalling out or some other problem there's a possibility of gaining some on the exchange rating.
    but if the converter is a static converter or a motor driven converter things get more complicated due to power draw. i'm happy to discuss these things more, but maybe not in this paint booth thread unless it pertains to this project.
    i hope we haven't put too much pressure on kcode to buy and it turns out bad...
    Your absolutely right. While this does seem to be a really good buy but none of us have inspected the equipment or booth. As you well know sometimes a deal that is to good to be true can be exactly that, glad you pointed this out.
    On the VFD, I was strictly going off the literature that came with my Teco FM50. I have had 2 of them installed in my shop for about 15 years that run 3 phase equipment (one being my blower for booth). They are cheap, very reliable and easy to install. Thank you for expanding on the output performance of VFD's, in another thread at another time I would certainly be interested in picking your brain for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    depending on how the converter was handled there may not be any power loss at all. i work extensively with vfd's and there are a ton of options for single phase drives without de-rating the output. they're pretty reasonably priced too. in fact, IF the fan can be run faster than design speed without stalling out or some other problem there's a possibility of gaining some on the exchange rating.
    but if the converter is a static converter or a motor driven converter things get more complicated due to power draw. i'm happy to discuss these things more, but maybe not in this paint booth thread unless it pertains to this project.
    i hope we haven't put too much pressure on kcode to buy and it turns out bad...
    Thanks, I will probably have all sorts of questions once I install the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    Thanks, I will probably have all sorts of questions once I install the booth.
    sure thing, i'm happy to provide whatever insight i have on these things. did you decide to purchase the booth?
    b marler