TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: fram

Default fram

Hello Len I have a 1987 chevrolet 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive truck with the frame bent on 1 side. Do you know what the measurements are between the front frame on the end? Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Belair1955 View Post
    Hello Len I have a 1987 chevrolet 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive truck with the frame bent on 1 side. Do you know what the measurements are between the front frame on the end? Thanks for the help
    Sorry I don't have the specs for that vehicle.

Bump. Hope some other guy here have an info.

Quote Originally Posted by Belair1955 View Post
    Do you have a front bumper ? The mounting holes will tell you what the width of the frame horns should be. Cross measure (in a X pattern) the front frame horns. If the measurements are equal then that tells you the frame is "square". If the measurements are different in that X pattern then the frame horns are kick over a little. A 4 ton porta-power should be enough to push the frame back into "square".

That truck was 4 years old when I started doing auto body work for a living.