TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Lake country forced rotation 5.5

Default Lake country forced rotation 5.5

Got some lake country pads. 5.5 and 3.5
    3.5 are great. 5.5 I'm sure are great also but I cant use them. They are so out of round/center hole, my rotary shakes like I was trying to work the cream up in concrete.
    Not sure how to approach this as it was a Ebay purchase. Reach out to lake?

Anybody have this issue?

Thanks

D20190916_193752.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jenski View Post
    Got some lake country pads. 5.5 and 3.5
    3.5 are great. 5.5 I'm sure are great also but I cant use them. They are so out of round/center hole, my rotary shakes like I was trying to work the cream up in concrete.
    Not sure how to approach this as it was a Ebay purchase. Reach out to lake?

Anybody have this issue?

Thanks

D20190916_193752.jpg
    I've been using a Makita forced rotation and haven't had any problems. Are you sure the pad is centered properly?
    The forced rotation polishers do tend to shake a little more but you could give Lake Country a call to see what they say.
    My biggest complaint is that they rotate in the opposite direction of the standard buffers and take some getting used to.

Default Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I've been using a Makita forced rotation and haven't had any problems. Are you sure the pad is centered properly?
    The forced rotation polishers do tend to shake a little more but you could give Lake Country a call to see what they say.
    My biggest complaint is that they rotate in the opposite direction of the standard buffers and take some getting used to.

I'm using a makita rotary. The std style. When I use the center hole for alignment it's way off. 3/8 to 1/2 inch. When I center it by hand, aligning backing plate to velcro, it's still noticeably off and looking up in center hole I can see how far off it is.

Guess im not too upset as I love my new max shine m550 and sense I'm not in a huge hurry to finish, dont/wouldn't mind just using that w a 3.5 pad.

Am i supposed to be using the forced rotation buffer with this pad?

Thanks len.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Jenski View Post
    I'm using a makita rotary. The std style. When I use the center hole for alignment it's way off. 3/8 to 1/2 inch. When I center it by hand, aligning backing plate to velcro, it's still noticeably off and looking up in center hole I can see how far off it is.

Guess im not too upset as I love my new max shine m550 and sense I'm not in a huge hurry to finish, dont/wouldn't mind just using that w a 3.5 pad.

Am i supposed to be using the forced rotation buffer with this pad?

Thanks len.

Dan
    Even if you were using a forced rotation machine the pad should be even all around the hole. Sounds like you have a pad that should be returned.