TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Spray booth mods

Default Spray booth mods

I am in the process of upgrading my 30+ year paint booth by switching to LED bulbs and have now decided to upgrade the ventilation system over to PPV. Back almost 35 years ago when I got this booth they were all negative pressure systems (or at least to my knowledge they were). I won't be able to do a floor system as access won't allow it.

I know Len made a change to PPV for his booth, so I'm wondering if your supply fan is in the ceiling, if so do you use a diffusers to soften and direct the air? I'm assuming your not letting your intake push towards your spray area? I have already obtained a very high flow explosion proof fan after calculating needed volume exchange. Both the intake and exhaust will be filtered, I will not be running an exhaust fan. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    I am in the process of upgrading my 30+ year paint booth by switching to LED bulbs and have now decided to upgrade the ventilation system over to PPV. Back almost 35 years ago when I got this booth they were all negative pressure systems (or at least to my knowledge they were). I won't be able to do a floor system as access won't allow it.

I know Len made a change to PPV for his booth, so I'm wondering if your supply fan is in the ceiling, if so do you use a diffusers to soften and direct the air? I'm assuming your not letting your intake push towards your spray area? I have already obtained a very high flow explosion proof fan after calculating needed volume exchange. Both the intake and exhaust will be filtered, I will not be running an exhaust fan. Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Here's how I initially did mine. LINK

I was originally going to dig up the floor to vent the booth but decided to cut a 3X2' hole in the overhead door and put a filter in it. It works great.