TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Paint Shaker Recommendations

Default Paint Shaker Recommendations

My plan is to use this paint shaker (2-3 minutes) then pour into RPS (like decupps) and add reducer, hardener. Then shake up RPS add gun, then spray.

Iím trying to avoid paint sticks and filters (the RPS has a filter)

Does my plan seem plausible?

Paintshake.jpg

PainterDave Guest

what the f*@#... No man.

Spayable Bondo in Feather fill or Slick Sand. RPS cups only have a filter if you decide to use one, idk about Dkups

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    My plan is to use this paint shaker (2-3 minutes) then pour into RPS (like decupps) and add reducer, hardener. Then shake up RPS add gun, then spray.

Iím trying to avoid paint sticks and filters (the RPS has a filter)

Does my plan seem plausible?

Paintshake.jpg
    You ARE joking, right ? (of course you are, good one. LOL ).

On a different note. I have that same Astro Pneumatic paint shaker that I bought at a local Salvation Army store for $30. It looked brand new, I don't believe it was ever used. I bought a bench grinder stand at Harbor Freight, bolted the paint shaker to the stand then bolted the base of the stand to my shops concrete floor. The whole setup works great.

Yea, I just had a can of Bondo setting there for the picture......

Mounting on a dedicated stand would be ideal i totally agree. In my home shop I don't have a dedicated Paint area for mixing. I tried using a portable table by just clamping the shaker to it and that worked pretty good. Just also "shook" everything on it to death as you could imagine.

This got me thinking about just making small Heavy Table on wheels that could be moved (outside at times) and used?

PainterDave Guest

got me lol

I mounted my paint shaker to the fender of my utility trailer. With rubber tires it is the perfect place! It wiggles but does not move.
    The fenders are flat on top so it was an easy install.

I take it off when I am not using it. Did not think I would use the shaker that much but it's been surprising how often I rig it up!

Quote Originally Posted by clubairth1 View Post
    I mounted my paint shaker to the fender of my utility trailer. With rubber tires it is the perfect place! It wiggles but does not move.
    The fenders are flat on top so it was an easy install.

I take it off when I am not using it. Did not think I would use the shaker that much but it's been surprising how often I rig it up!
    I mounted mine to a chunk of concrete about 5 1/2 tall with a couple of pieces of rebar looped as handles if I need to move it. It just sits on the floor in the corner not really in the way.