TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: SATA RPS filter HELP

Default SATA RPS filter HELP

I would like user recommendations of which filter to use for the RPS system. I have SATA 5500x guns and use House of Kolor and Sherwin-Williams 7000 Solvent based coating systems.

You can get 125 and 200 flat filters or a 200 Plug style filters. In general, which filters are used for each applications and why?

Thanks for any help.

PainterDave Guest

200 for all solvent or clear

125 for waterborne or clear

125 only comes in a disc. 200 I like the push in style

Thanks for that. The info SATA sent me shows 200 flat sieves part # 144964 for .6 and .9 cups. Not available for the .3

Since i can get flat 200 do you see that as an advantage over the plug in style? sure seems like the flat has a lot more filter area.

PainterDave Guest

Flats work great. If you need any more filter area than a plug in you better throw your paint away.

The reason I donít like flats is I harden and reduce in the cup then shake. Iíve had the disc filter fall out on me doing this.

There is a few tricks with those cups. I think you can find it on YouTube.

Another benifit is you can register for SATA rewards and scan the bar code in each box and earn free stuff. Even the new x5500.

Another note you can order your cups with either style sleeve.

Ok, Dave

You don't use a stick to mix? just shake. As long as the plug doesn't fall out this seems good. or do you use a lid first?

PainterDave Guest

No, do not use a measure stick in a cup, your ratio will be off,

i make most of the colors we spray so order them pre mixed. pour color into cup add the hardener and reducer, put on lid, squeeze cup and cover hole and shake, when i take my finger off the paint is sucked in leaving no mess.

hope that helps

Angry

It sure does help! thank you. Now I'm trying to find a place to buy them in the USA. Seems like nobody stocks them in .3 and not much in .6, not to mention they want $2.50 or more a cup.

PainterDave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    It sure does help! thank you. Now I'm trying to find a place to buy them in the USA. Seems like nobody stocks them in .3 and not much in .6, not to mention they want $2.50 or more a cup.
    There is actually more in the .6 boxes is why they cost more, i think 50 vs 40.

where you live ?

Greenville SC. I'm looking for (100) .3 Sata #1010404 and (60) .6 #1010488

PainterDave Guest

Damn couldve hooked you up if lived in Denver. was worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    Greenville SC. I'm looking for (100) .3 Sata #1010404 and (60) .6 #1010488
    Our supplying warehouse has the .3 for $186 and the .6 for $133. They ship out of Calif so the shipping would probably be around $20ea.