TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Best Ceramic Coating

Default Best Ceramic Coating

I know this is not an easy question to answer. I want to put a ceramic coating on my car but I want to do right the first time and get a good quality product that last. I know there is a lot of experience on this site and I'm interested in hearing what your recommend. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by convertcuda View Post
    I know this is not an easy question to answer. I want to put a ceramic coating on my car but I want to do right the first time and get a good quality product that last. I know there is a lot of experience on this site and I'm interested in hearing what your recommend. Ken
    The member named Style has experience with ceramic coatings, you may want to PM him to see what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by convertcuda View Post
    We use ceramic pro and it works great after trying many other that's the one we chose it's literally scratch proof and keeps the car way cleaner longer we do a silver package that has one coat of 9h (scratch proof) its warranted for 5 years or a gold package is lifetime and has 4 layers 9h it's all in what your looking for and what you want to expect in coatings hell we even have a sport package not scratch proof but super hydrophobic and makes paint look deep an wet lasts a year.. you get what you pay for.

Might wanna check out the class room before coating it's best to do paint correction, we do..

20190801_105624.jpg

Thanks I will check it out.

Ken

That jag was only polished not coated yet just finished it..

20190802_033328.jpg20190802_033337.jpg
    20190802_033350.jpg

Car came out looking sic

You can see in first pic a little haze to it..

Now it looks like black chrome.

I must be behind the times. Never heard of ceramic coatings. Are they difficult to apply or are they put on like a paste wax?

Quote Originally Posted by TNshadetree View Post
    I must be behind the times. Never heard of ceramic coatings. Are they difficult to apply or are they put on like a paste wax?
    They've been around for years. Basically it acts like a paint sealant that is somewhat scratch resistant, beads water really well and is easy to clean. They aren't necessarily difficult to apply but the car needs to be as perfect as possible before coating because once it is coated over you can't remove any marring underneath. Having said that it is usually a paint when it comes to having to do any repairs on the car because you have to get that coating off and it is usually pretty tough.