TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urethane wave??? Is there such a thing?

Default Nice color red!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenski View Post
    I should of mentioned that in the very first pic, I had already sanded out the clear and fixed it.
    To answer some questions
    Yep, guide coat all the way, every step.
    Yep, door was block sanded in the x fashion while car was on lift so I could sand it much easier.
    This effect was not only on this door but on the other and all over. I'm not sure what happened. Clear sat for 2 weeks b4 I cut it.

Honestly I was very bummed out when this happened cause I too thought it was the substrate not being straight. But I knew in my heart it was. I spent a lot of time sanding this to get it perfect. As perfect as I could that is.

Wish I could post a video of the camera moving about in the light so you guys could see. Anyways

Thanks again.

Dan
    Congratulations Dan - you done good! (I thought you said you were new to this work?)

Anyway, that door(s) look great. I like that color red as it shows in your pics. You've been successful at many areas, seriously. I mean you have no runs, no sanding marks, no halos of primer or repair showing thru. You have set yourself up for any project going forward will only amplify the successes from this one. Can't wait to see what follows as you finish up this car.

Question? Is that door in need of a new 'hinge pin set'?

Good job, carry on!

Henry

PS: I came back to add, I commend you also for your setup. You created a very well lighted environment in which to 'see' what's actually going on. That is so important and so overlooked. Hope others can learn from your earlier pics of the lighting in your shop area.

Default Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Congratulations Dan - you done good! (I thought you said you were new to this work?)

Anyway, that door(s) look great. I like that color red as it shows in your pics. You've been successful at many areas, seriously. I mean you have no runs, no sanding marks, no halos of primer or repair showing thru. You have set yourself up for any project going forward will only amplify the successes from this one. Can't wait to see what follows as you finish up this car.

Question? Is that door in need of a new 'hinge pin set'?

Good job, carry on!

Henry

PS: I came back to add, I commend you also for your setup. You created a very well lighted environment in which to 'see' what's actually going on. That is so important and so overlooked. Hope others can learn from your earlier pics of the lighting in your shop area.
    Thank you very much, for everything. I've tried replying to your PM but I'm not sure what's happening.
    In regards to the lightning, I dont know how people even try doing this without having good lights. 200 bucks for 10 led lights shipped to my door. Heck, I have way more than that in sand paper. Lol. I have them hanging everywhere.

Dan
    20190714_115156.jpg20190714_115132.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have two of the most important things in producing a good paint job.... HEIGHT AND LIGHT.

Default Len

Ceiling's are 10' but I wish they were another foot high but I'm content with what I have. Very grateful. I can lift my car up all the way but it will be a different story with pretty much any other vehicle.

The lights are a Ebay purchase. I knew I was going to need WAY better lighting and I was planning on putting up LEDs anyways so when I'm done,(are they ever done??) With the car they will be going up on the ceiling.

Dan

Ceiling's are 10' but I wish they were another foot high but I'm content with what I have. Very grateful. I can lift my car up all the way but it will be a different story with pretty much any other vehicle.

The lights are a Ebay purchase. I knew I was going to need WAY better lighting and I was planning on putting up LEDs anyways so when I'm done,(are they ever done??) With the car they will be going up on the ceiling.

Dan
    I'm getting older and investing in a scissor lift a while ago made working on cars a lot easier.

Len, do u have scissor lift in a spray booth?

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Len, do u have scissor lift in a spray booth?
    Yes, that's where I have it, it works great. Before I had it I would sometimes jack up a car and put stands under it but now everything goes on the lift.

PainterDave Guest

looks great

Default Painterdave

Thank you! I'm happy it came out.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Default Looks great

Glad to see this turned out so nice, had me a bit worried.

Default Ronf

Thank you!!!

Dan

Default You?

Thank you!!!

Dan
    Was this you running around that red car?