TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Poly Bumper Restoration

Default Poly Bumper Restoration

I think I found my answer on a recent post but wanted confirmation.

It's been a while since I've been on the site so hello to all!

I am restoring an OEM bumper which is hard to find, I choose to fix this one as I have to modify it to fit an intercooler anyway.

I used fusor to repair a crack and stiffen up some corners, but wanting to know if this product would be good to address any minor outer surface imperfections:

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/m...tegory_Code=FM

It looks to fit the bill but wanted to check for advice. Is there any special primer I should consider as well? I mainly use SPI components for this type of work but wanted some input.

R32.jpg

Yes, Polyflex works great for that application.

Thanks Len, I ordered it. Should I use an adhesion promoter under the filler or apply directly? Which is the best method?

Quote Originally Posted by silentdub View Post
    Thanks Len, I ordered it. Should I use an adhesion promoter under the filler or apply directly? Which is the best method?
    When I apply it directly to the plastic I use an adhesion promoter but if it's already painted I just scuff the plastic with some 80 grit then clean and press the filler into the scratches before laying it on more heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    When I apply it directly to the plastic I use an adhesion promoter but if it's already painted I just scuff the plastic with some 80 grit then clean and press the filler into the scratches before laying it on more heavily.

Awesome, thanks Len, I'll keep that in mind.