TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: flexible body filler

Default flexible body filler

I have a question regarding body filler. I need to do some forming on the leading edge of an aircraft wing and need a flexible filler that won't crack with cold or flexing. There will be a bit of a build up as well and obviously it is going over aluminum. We originally used an aviation grade aluminum filled 3M filler but it's incredibly expensive. Looking for suggestions of an equivalent in automotive grade. BTW, it's amateur built so doesn't have to be certified.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chargerharry View Post
    BTW, it's amateur built so doesn't have to be certified.

Thanks
    That's an example of a place where the price should not be a factor. Go with the best certification you can find no matter what the price. The price of failure at the worst possible moment could be life threatening.

Bob K

Quote Originally Posted by chargerharry View Post
    I have a question regarding body filler. I need to do some forming on the leading edge of an aircraft wing and need a flexible filler that won't crack with cold or flexing. There will be a bit of a build up as well and obviously it is going over aluminum. We originally used an aviation grade aluminum filled 3M filler but it's incredibly expensive. Looking for suggestions of an equivalent in automotive grade. BTW, it's amateur built so doesn't have to be certified.

Thanks
    On cars that need a flexible filler we use the item linked below.

Holly Ace Red Barron, what an interesring question !

like Bob K said , only the great stuff, no cheapie Bondo filler..

i am sure they have some flexible 2k epoxy filler , the stuff they use on big trucks and hoods that can withstand vibration......and the impact of geese..

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. Much appreciated. 😊.