TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: 2001 F150 Rocker Panel

Default 2001 F150 Rocker Panel

I have to install a full rocker panel on a Ford F150 standard cab. What is the going price for labor that you guys are charging? I glue them for the most part. Aftermarket part from ABS. Thank

Quote Originally Posted by tommie.b View Post
    I have to install a full rocker panel on a Ford F150 standard cab. What is the going price for labor that you guys are charging? I glue them for the most part. Aftermarket part from ABS. Thank
    Including paint we would probably charge around $1000+.

Default Question ?

I thought all along that 'panel adhesive' was not to be used on any "structural pieces" (such as rockers?)

That said, I will add, I forgot the rule I was thinking of. Worth a check though.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I thought all along that 'panel adhesive' was not to be used on any "structural pieces" (such as rockers?)

That said, I will add, I forgot the rule I was thinking of. Worth a check though.

Henry
    I believe the 01 F150 has a full frame so the rockers aren't structural, just part of the cab.

Yes the F150 has a full frame. len is that price including the part?

Yes the F150 has a full frame. len is that price including the part?
    No, the part price can vary quite a bit depending on where you get it.

tommie, dont give a fixed,set estimate for this job....

charge by hour..

it is a headache, $1000 + is not enough...

Default Funny.................

Funny you brought that up baubau what I told the customer.Parts and materials labor by the hour. Thanks to all

Default How bad?

Funny you brought that up baubau what I told the customer.Parts and materials labor by the hour. Thanks to all
    Do you know how much rot you have to deal with? So far, we've talked about the outer rocker, yes?

What about the inner rocker, do you know how bad that might be?

Some trucks I've done, the rocker rot extends to the floor seam and into the edge of the floor area as well.

I realize you do have a full frame but my point is SAG I saw when I removed rocker panels on other trucks. Just sayin.

Keep us posted on what you find out and is this one side or both?

Henry

Default Henry

Henry just doing the right side rocker and outter only small pin hole but i feel better to replace and rust protect it. have not even started it yet on another job now.Will let you know when i open it up.

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    tommie, dont give a fixed,set estimate for this job....

charge by hour..

it is a headache, $1000 + is not enough...
    I agree with Baubau. The going rate around here for replacing rockers on a extended cab or crew cab is $1,000 a side. Including paint (not a whole lot painting involved). Some vehicles rockers have to come directly from the dealer and some OEM rockers include the whole door surround, not just the rocker itself. So parts can be anywhere from $50 a side aftermarket parts to $600+ for OEM rockers.
    Last rockers I replaced was on my sons Chevy 2500 HD crew cab. I charged him close to full price and I don't do that kind of job for customers any more. It's just not worth the hassle. Usually by the time the rockers go the cab corners are also shot. It's not a simple quick job. They are a pain in the ass. Laying on your back with rust flakes dropping down on your face, etc. I have a 2010 F150 4x4 ext. cab with low mileage that needs rockers before I put it up for sale.
    I have been avoiding doing that job all winter. I guess when the weather breaks I'll have to get on it. Not looking forward to it. I will use a combination of mig weld and panel adhesive to instal the aftermarket rocker patch panels.