TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Polish narrow low area

Default Polish narrow low area

I am working on an inside bed panel for an El Camino that has alternating high and low areas. The low areas are only 3/4" wide. I have sanded to 2000 wet and polished the highs areas. Any recommendations for polishing the lows? I have a 9" wool pad and a 8" black foam pad on a 1400 rpm rotary.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bulletnose View Post
    I am working on an inside bed panel for an El Camino that has alternating high and low areas. The low areas are only 3/4" wide. I have sanded to 2000 wet and polished the highs areas. Any recommendations for polishing the lows? I have a 9" wool pad and a 8" black foam pad on a 1400 rpm rotary.
    The low areas look pretty good so unless you have a dust or orange peel problem I'd say leave them alone and just polish the high areas. If you do have problems in the low areas you may want to hand sand them with a finer grit wet paper then polish them by hand.

he already did the high areas len, not the lows. can be hard to tell in the picture.
    thats going to be a tough thing to polish. you may want to get a mini pad to help you get in those tight grooves. len sells a mini polish pad in the store, you should get something like that. i think there's a mini polisher too, or maybe a kit, i'm not sure.
    i use a mini foam pad in my dewalt 20v right angle drill to work the small areas. some day i'll get a smaller tool for this, but for now it works. good speed control, and good handling.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    he already did the high areas len, not the lows. can be hard to tell in the picture.
    thats going to be a tough thing to polish. you may want to get a mini pad to help you get in those tight grooves. len sells a mini polish pad in the store, you should get something like that. i think there's a mini polisher too, or maybe a kit, i'm not sure.
    i use a mini foam pad in my dewalt 20v right angle drill to work the small areas. some day i'll get a smaller tool for this, but for now it works. good speed control, and good handling.
    You're right, I was seeing it backward But I would probably still hand rub the low spots with a damp cloth and some Wizard's Mystic Cut. It's more work but there's less chance of damaging the edges of the high areas.