TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: ugh...

Default ugh...

Son wiped out my truck due to a snow/ice storm. Luckily he walked off w/o any injury, truck did its job that way.

I put alot of work into restoring this thing; not sure I'm going to be able to get this thing back on the road. The left front wheel came back and hit the cab, the front driveshaft pushed the transfer case so far the transfer case broke off the OD trans unit. Will need an OD trans housing at minimum.

Right now just assessing to see what all needs to be done, but am also actively looking for a replacement truck.

I got the fender, front bumper, hood, core support off, tailgate and rear bumper off... engine looks like it didn't take damage. Left frame rail doesn't look like it got hit either.

I can source the fender/hood/door and all the parts on the left fender that were obliterated. I can get a used transmission/transfer case. Wondering if I can fix that bed corner, its folded under pretty far.

Thinking of making a tram gauge to see if the front frame is tweaked before I buy anything.

drivewayView.jpgrightRear.jpg

That's a lot more work than the truck may be worth. You may want to look for a similar model in a salvage yard then use this truck for parts.
    Last edited by Len; 03-09-2019 at 08:28 PM.

agree with len on this one. that thing looks pretty bad. glad your kids ok.
    i'd be looking in the junk yards for a donor, or one that needs a good motor to transplant yours into.
    b marler

Default I'm very happy for you!!!

You said the magic words good buddy, "MY SON WALKED AWAY".

That's the best thing to come out of any situation.

OH, the truck. Of course we're sorry to see it look that way. That's why I had to teach myself to accept the words, "Don't Get Attached"!

You have a lot of options and surely you'll come up with the right one. You need to sleep on it a couple nights.

In the meanwhile, go hug your son (and I don't care how big or old he might be! Keep us posted.

Henry

Its a 2000 and I'm in the rust belt, so unfortunately not much in the yards worth dragging out. This was my tow rig, so I'm limited in how far I go for a candidate...

Here is the before shot...

leftSide.jpg