TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: DIY Gang on You tube.

Default DIY Gang on You tube.

Have any of you guys seen this dude? He is upbeat and determined to rebuild this car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRMoWiVCJno&t=2s

He is taking this WAY apart. It's crazy and I don't see why, but watching it is facinating.

Default What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    Have any of you guys seen this dude? He is upbeat and determined to rebuild this car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRMoWiVCJno&t=2s

He is taking this WAY apart. It's crazy and I don't see why, but watching it is facinating.
    What the hell did you do to me?

I read your post and link at 10:01, then clicked on the link.

JUST NOW got back. I watched all his episodes until the car went to sand blast. No more on that car yet.

ALERT: Maybe I'll take a ride tomorrow. They said CT a few times and Logan Steel sounded familiar. WOULD YOU BELIEVE it's about 20 miles away from me and so is the poster of the car, "DIY GANG". Hot shit!

Seriously though, I'm not sure I want to meet this guy because he has to be totally INSANE to even hallucinate about building that car.

Let alone the entire body, wheels & tires but ALL the wiring harnesses, modules, sensors, entire interior, dash and all the airbags, I mean you gotta be shittin me. He'll end up with a $150,000 Hellcat. Looks like the motor 'might' be OK.

I've been at Logan Steel years ago.

I will watch more of this when he films more. He is a worker and he is NUTS!

Henry

He drops a video every couple days it seems, so he is powering thru for sure. If he does this, he will have made a hell of a name for himself but damn.

As I see him scooping up all the charcoal briquets of cooked interior all I could think was.... "wiring harnesses, modules, sensors, entire interior, dash and all the airbags,"

The guy is a hard worker and seems to be real upbeat about it, even when exhausted.

It seems to be a matter of his will against the destruction of a burned down Hellcat. Crazy.

Default Never understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    He drops a video every couple days it seems, so he is powering thru for sure. If he does this, he will have made a hell of a name for himself but damn.

As I see him scooping up all the charcoal briquets of cooked interior all I could think was.... "wiring harnesses, modules, sensors, entire interior, dash and all the airbags,"

The guy is a hard worker and seems to be real upbeat about it, even when exhausted.

It seems to be a matter of his will against the destruction of a burned down Hellcat. Crazy.
    One of his videos featured a guy who tracks these type cars from totals. He showed that this guy paid $15,700 for this car as it was (near NOTHING) and others where people paid five grand more and had 90% less to do.

So, I just cannot understand 'why' would he take on something that basically renders him to do a build like the factory did when they made that car? And where is he gonna get all the parts he needs? I mean this is not Dodge Neon or such. I think he's just nuts. Tons of money.

Hey, thanks for sharing that with us. I enjoy seeing what he's doing and can't wait to see more. If I do venture out that way and get to meet him, you know I will share this site with him even though he has YouTube. Whatever!

Henry

I'm with you guys...I've been watching this guy from the beginning and he's definitely fighting an uphill battle. It'll cost him 3 times to build that car than it would cost to buy a nice used one. There's no way he can make that skeleton a decent car again. He doesn't mind work, though.

There's several of these young guys building high dollar cars on YouTube. I've grouped them as the top 3 (maybe 4) live close to each other and have co-produced videos. Lots of 'sick', 'beast', and 'dude' comments in all of them.

Goonzquad
    VTuned Garage
    DannyTV

Kondor Buildz

AlexRebuilds
    Rebuild with Nick

There's Arthur Tussik of course, and Vehcor who actually have been doing this a while.

BlueCollarKyle with his 'Inside the Body Shop' series is a look into the day of a tech in a well equipped shop.

I wish they would all turn the music level to 1.

There's plenty more I'm sure.

SamG

Default Yes Sam!

I can't tell you how many times I thought of you while watching this guy's episodes.

Of course you have chosen specific vehicles with specific damage and have mastered them all in short order.

Wish we could turn the clock back to some of the stuff you've done especially on Mustangs. So many people learned from you.

Have you looked at Kevin from Ohio's 41 Dodge p/u 13 year build? Really a site to see.

Take care and the best to you always!

Henry

This falls under “just because you can doesn’t mean you should”

This car will be anything but safe when finished,it was an acceptable practice 20 years ago to clip section etc but not on today’s vehicles. Just my 2 cents

Default More episodes BUT???

He went to FL for a parts car and towed it back to CT.

BUT??? (WTF) He should be building the parts car instead of that old burnt thing he is hell bent on building.

Have a look. Below is a link to #11 that goes to #14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtd6nSey6A

I think he's absolutely nuts and he is located about 20 miles away from me. I will make a stop by his place.

Henry

I'm pretty sure he's only building the burnt car because he has a title for it. I'm guessing the green car didn't come with a title.
    Avid collector of rust!

Default I think...

Quote Originally Posted by typicalcarguy View Post
    This falls under “just because you can doesn’t mean you should”

This car will be anything but safe when finished,it was an acceptable practice 20 years ago to clip section etc but not on today’s vehicles. Just my 2 cents
    I think no one ever on this site or in the trade would ever dissect SO much with any expectations of actually reassembly let alone driving the thing.

Granted, twenty plus years ago we would clip a couple cars together or section. But this guy ripped a BURNER car apart to resemble the carcass of a turkey on Thanksgiving.

He's now rebuilding the thing and up to episode 18. Got to be crazy or likes making videos.

Take care.

Henry

Man when I was younger we did lots of clips etc. I agree with you that this build is over the top and really pointless . He technically did “clip it” and it goes against everything Chrysler has ever published on their stance against using “used “ weld on structural parts.

I kind of cringed where he cut the cowl section out and manipulated back in shape by welding with pressure on it.

Just imagine how weak the upper rails are that he saved and is re-using? Now I’m no expert but most of what he is welding back together is “or shall I say was” high strength steel and the heat is going to effect it some what. I don’t know I just can’t see it being anything but safe. I’m not knocking the guy he must have done some collision work and it’s pretty sweet to have a Caroliner rack in your garage but he’s asking to get sued fixing and selling that crap.my 2 cents

I think he is more focused on increasing his subscriptions as a content provider, than he is focused on profiting by rebuilding salvaged vehicles. Its like shock news, can't get anymore shocking than dragging that totally burned up challenger onto a frame machine and trying to rebuild it from scratch. And his real focus is definitely paying off, at least in Henry's case ! :-)

Good observation none the less ......

Default Another builder ??? (typ & others)

Look what this guy just bought from COPART! Who's bankrolling this guy?

Rebuilding a WRECKED 2017 Mclaren 570s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSXRcwYUkyQ

Should be fun to watch (hmmmmm ?)

Henry