TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: picklex 20 , under filler or not?

Default picklex 20 , under filler or not?

I am working on my skylark fenders and I have the metal work done fair to midlin.

I have some evercoat Everglass short strand filler that I will use to rebuild and rough in the nose for strength. After that I will use some Rage and finish it out.

My question is, is it a good thing or bad thing to picklex the surface prior to putting on the short strand filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    I am working on my skylark fenders and I have the metal work done fair to midlin.

I have some evercoat Everglass short strand filler that I will use to rebuild and rough in the nose for strength. After that I will use some Rage and finish it out.

My question is, is it a good thing or bad thing to picklex the surface prior to putting on the short strand filler.
    The only thing I put on top of Picklex is epoxy primer THEN you can put your filler on top of that. Otherwise just grind some deep scratches into the metal and press your first coat of Everglass into the surface so that it bites on well.

If you put epoxy primer on Picklex it MUST be a primer that does NOT contain an acid, no etch primer on Picklex.