TheCoatingStore.com

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Spray booth rental

  1. #1

    Exclamation Spray booth rental

    The company I work for is looking for a spray booth we can use for painting artworks for a few months while we wait for our new booth to be set up. We are in NYC. Does anyone know of a shop that would rent their space for 6 months-1 year? Are there any shops that rent their space for others to paint? We've been looking for a while and would love to hear any suggestions. Anything near NYC could work. Thank you!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qmprojects View Post
    The company I work for is looking for a spray booth we can use for painting artworks for a few months while we wait for our new booth to be set up. We are in NYC. Does anyone know of a shop that would rent their space for 6 months-1 year? Are there any shops that rent their space for others to paint? We've been looking for a while and would love to hear any suggestions. Anything near NYC could work. Thank you!
    The only shops that I know that rent their booths usually only do it for a day or two and usually only on weekends. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The only shops that I know that rent their booths usually only do it for a day or two and usually only on weekends. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.
    Hi Len, I live in the northeast area and have been trying to find a shop or two that rent out their booths for a day or two. Can you recommend any that do this as they really don't advertise anywhere where I could.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostje View Post
    Hi Len, I live in the northeast area and have been trying to find a shop or two that rent out their booths for a day or two. Can you recommend any that do this as they really don't advertise anywhere where I could.
    I'd recommend that you pull out your Yellow Pages and look up auto body shops in your area and make a list to call. If you don't connect with what you want pull the Yellow Pages out again and look up "Auto Body Supply" and call them to see if any of their customers rent their booths.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The only shops that I know that rent their booths usually only do it for a day or two and usually only on weekends. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.
    Do you know of any I could rent for a day or two and contact them locally in the philadelphia area? Lost my building to spray so...Ive asked maaco, no is their reply. Oops added this again, I didnt see anyone in yellow pages, absolutely nothing. When i lived in washingon there was a few but im not driving 3k miles to paint a few vehicles i got.

    Finishmaster and Bob flannery, i did call bob but they had nobody they could recommend. Didnt call finishmaster yet, but im running out of options.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostje View Post
    Do you know of any I could rent for a day or two and contact them locally in the philadelphia area? Lost my building to spray so...Ive asked maaco, no is their reply. Oops added this again, I didnt see anyone in yellow pages, absolutely nothing. When i lived in washingon there was a few but im not driving 3k miles to paint a few vehicles i got.

    Finishmaster and Bob flannery, i did call bob but they had nobody they could recommend. Didnt call finishmaster yet, but im running out of options.
    Make a list of shops in your area then call them one at a time to see if any are OK with renting their space. I wouldn't even try big shops like Maaco because they have their own rules but a smaller, private shop may need the money.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Make a list of shops in your area then call them one at a time to see if any are OK with renting their space. I wouldn't even try big shops like Maaco because they have their own rules but a smaller, private shop may need the money.

    I thought so, i did go through a few on craigslist who did home painting and body work ,their own private shop but they said no or didnt offer it. Odd since theyre claiming do it at home. Seems they might rent something out or have someone who does it themselves and they didnt do their own work. Ill give it a try. Thought maaco since privately owned some of them would bend some rules,I only asked 1 of them so far. They wouldnt even use my product(assinine as I wouldnt want them to use the cheap crap finishmaster tells me they order). Guess not, should have never left my shop . Oh well.

  8. #8

    Default

    What about one of those inflatable booths? You may be able to find someone who rents them.
    https://www.ippmagazine.com/reviews/...-paint-booths/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •