TheCoatingStore.com

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Detailer to the Stars

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42,549

    Default Detailer to the Stars

    This is Robert, he details some of the most exotic cars on the planet, he's in California and (you can tell) he does great work. This car is worth about $14 million.

    One of twelve 275 GTB/C lightweights built for the 1966 and 1967 race seasons. All featured a very thin alloy body, dry sump with an oil filler access door on top of the fender, very thin lightweight bumpers, magnesium transaxle cases, cam covers and what is essentially a 250/275 LM dry sump engine fitted with three carbs for homologation purposes. They featured a small–tube lightweight chassis.

    The top car (#4) goes to auction on Monday.... LINK


    The car below was restored in the Ferrari factory then shipped to the US and is worth about $50 million. Robert keeps them looking better than new.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,679

    Default So True!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    This is Robert, he details some of the most exotic cars on the planet, he's in California and (you can tell) he does great work. This car is worth about $14 million.

    One of twelve 275 GTB/C lightweights built for the 1966 and 1967 race seasons. All featured a very thin alloy body, dry sump with an oil filler access door on top of the fender, very thin lightweight bumpers, magnesium transaxle cases, cam covers and what is essentially a 250/275 LM dry sump engine fitted with three carbs for homologation purposes. They featured a small–tube lightweight chassis.

    The top car (#4) goes to auction on Monday.... LINK


    The car below was restored in the Ferrari factory then shipped to the US and is worth about $50 million. Robert keeps them looking better than new.
    Thanks Len as I've been wondering about our resident expert.

    Really amazing how he has stuck with what he does for so many years. Not sure I could do it since it is a lot of work and the liability factor is scary to say the least. I know, I know, practice makes perfect. I cringe when I think of the positions he puts his body in to achieve the results he has to get and let's face it, a day of color sanding and buffing alone is a hard day of work. His work is judged in so many TOP venues across the country.

    Whenever I tell someone who I have not told about Robert, what he does, they tell me they use so & so for detailing. They have no idea of the difference between the $99 polish, glaze, half assed shampoo with what our expert does. Hats off to him for still being there to make things clean.

    We have all learned a lot from him through the many years he posted on this forum. I take detailing very seriously and follow every single thing he says. For those who need detailing information, some of his efforts can be found in the CLASSROOM of this site.

    Thank you Len and special thanks to Robert!

    Henry

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42,549

    Default

    Henry
    If you're interested in buying that Ferrari in the first picture check out this LINK

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,679

    Default In action...

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Henry
    If you're interested in buying that Ferrari in the first picture check out this LINK
    Let's see if this video of the car in action comes out:



    Too rich for my blood. I wouldn't even sit in it let alone take a machine to its finish. Thanks.

    Henry

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    olympia,wa
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    man, the crazy pricing for all things ferrari these days. and don't ever think of doing any "personalizing" of the car for fear of being banished from the ferrari community. you don't own the thing, your just a "caretaker"...
    don't get me wrong, i love them, but geez...and don't get me started on the porsche crowd.
    b marler

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,679

    Default Crazy...

    Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    man, the crazy pricing for all things ferrari these days. and don't ever think of doing any "personalizing" of the car for fear of being banished from the ferrari community. you don't own the thing, your just a "caretaker"...
    don't get me wrong, i love them, but geez...and don't get me started on the porsche crowd.
    The true price of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. How about the 'CUDA' that sold at Mecum Auctions 3 years ago for $3.4 million.

    Point here, however, is our own "Resident Expert" gets to apply his lifelong craft to many of the iron that appears for sale. That, to me, is impressive and I'm proud of him.

    For you and I, yeah, these are stuff shirt crowd cars. I don't even like that Ferrari but do admire the work done.

    Henry

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    This is Robert, he details some of the most exotic cars on the planet, he's in California and (you can tell) he does great work...

    The car below was restored in the Ferrari factory then shipped to the US and is worth about $50 million. Robert keeps them looking better than new.
    Wow! Nice job Robert!! Awesome to see a true expert at work.

    BTW, is that the car that went for $44 million plus the $4.4 million commission? A $4.4 Million dollar commission!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •