TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Maintaining a matte finish

Default Maintaining a matte finish

Would like to paint a hot rod with a Satin/Matte finish but understand they might be difficult or time consuming to maintain. I realize they canít be polished or buffed without changing the sheen. I would appreciate any light anyone could throw out. Also best to go single stage or BC/CC. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Would like to paint a hot rod with a Satin/Matte finish but understand they might be difficult or time consuming to maintain. I realize they canít be polished or buffed without changing the sheen. I would appreciate any light anyone could throw out. Also best to go single stage or BC/CC. THANKS
    If I were painting a matte finish I'd use the best paint available. We've done several Mercedes that had a the lower third of the sides in a matte silver finish, we used Glasurit matte clear and they have held up well.

PainterDave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Global D8115 matte clear is your best bet.

you can dust nib this clear between coats, but you can not dust nib the last coat

https://www.drbeasleys.com/matte-pai...scription.html