TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Evercoat G2 feather fill

Default Evercoat G2 feather fill

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Evercoats G2 feather fill tech sheets use to state that it should never be applied to bare metal or spot patches of bare metal that exceed 3/4" x 3/4" of an inch? I just received a new container and after reading the directions to make sure I remembered everything correctly, I didn't find it anywhere. I haven't been using this product long but when I did I was shooting it over a combination of sanded epoxy primer and body filler. Thoughts?

here is a tech sheet, i put mine over epoxy or etch

never over bare metal no mater the size

http://www.evercoat.com/images/ePIM/...5.2016-ENG.pdf

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by PainterDave View Post
    here is a tech sheet, i put mine over epoxy or etch

never over bare metal no mater the size

http://www.evercoat.com/images/ePIM/...5.2016-ENG.pdf
    Dave,

I have been doing the same. I noticed your tech sheet specified what I had in mind "All bare metal areas larger than one inch in diameter must be
    treated with a high quality self-etch or epoxy primer." Unfortunately my shop computer bit the dust about 6 months ago, all my TDS sheets were on it. Thank you for the reply, just making sure I had not totally fried my brain with beer.

yes sir, youre welcome

Default Pull it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Dave,

I have been doing the same. I noticed your tech sheet specified what I had in mind "All bare metal areas larger than one inch in diameter must be
    treated with a high quality self-etch or epoxy primer." Unfortunately my shop computer bit the dust about 6 months ago, all my TDS sheets were on it. Thank you for the reply, just making sure I had not totally fried my brain with beer.
    When a computer goes down as yours did, you can ( or have someone ) pull the hard drive. They plug it into something that can read all the information on that hard drive and they transfer the contents to disc. That would mean all your files and photos too. Ask around and do that.

Henry