TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Paint touch up

Default Paint touch up

I got some touch up paint for my Toyota Corolla 2002 and it needs a lot of work on some spots that are on the bump running along the side of the car. I see instructional videos about wet sanding and other methods but I'm not sure what the best method would be to repair this as its not a smooth surface. It's an older car so I don't need it to look perfect that's why I'm just going to do it myself but I'd really appreciate some input. There is a large scrape also on the front bumper from tapping some sort of rubber but I tried to scrub it away when it first happened and it just seemed to make it worse as I had no idea what I was doing. Here's some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/6XCs2rD

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I got some touch up paint for my Toyota Corolla 2002 and it needs a lot of work on some spots that are on the bump running along the side of the car. I see instructional videos about wet sanding and other methods but I'm not sure what the best method would be to repair this as its not a smooth surface. It's an older car so I don't need it to look perfect that's why I'm just going to do it myself but I'd really appreciate some input. There is a large scrape also on the front bumper from tapping some sort of rubber but I tried to scrub it away when it first happened and it just seemed to make it worse as I had no idea what I was doing. Here's some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/6XCs2rD
    If you can't sand and spray then it will probably pay to just use a small paint brush and touch up each spot. If you can sand and spray your paint on then you can follow the process shown below.