TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Frame straighting

Default Frame straighting

Hello all,
    I'm still working on my 1963 Ford Falcon Futura and have a question. I have replaced the cowl and front floors due to rust, and. I added sub frame connectors. I tried to keep everything square and only did one repair at a time. I have tried measuring to make sure everything is straight but, I'm not sure I'm doing it right. The garage floor is not flat and and I don't trust the measurements I get. Would a collision shop take on the job of checking and adjusting if needed? I'm getting close to finishing and want the car straight.

Thank you
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mayerst View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm still working on my 1963 Ford Falcon Futura and have a question. I have replaced the cowl and front floors due to rust, and. I added sub frame connectors. I tried to keep everything square and only did one repair at a time. I have tried measuring to make sure everything is straight but, I'm not sure I'm doing it right. The garage floor is not flat and and I don't trust the measurements I get. Would a collision shop take on the job of checking and adjusting if needed? I'm getting close to finishing and want the car straight.

Thank you
    Tom
    Hi Tom, I'd call around to shops in the area to see if they have the capability of measuring and straightening that particular car. Make a list of the shops you can and notes ($) on what they tell you. You should be able to find someone that can do that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Hi Tom, I'd call around to shops in the area to see if they have the capability of measuring and straightening that particular car. Make a list of the shops you can and notes ($) on what they tell you. You should be able to find someone that can do that job.
    Thank you.