TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with compounding/buffing!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    So I checked my Dewalt and I have a 6" H&L pad and a second 6.5" H&L pad (not sure why??) and a set of 3M perfect-it pads along with some Chemical Brothers 6" foam pads, so I guess that I will just get a 6" wool pad. And be good with that for awhile.

I read on some of the other posts that people are using a rotary first then following up with a forced rotation smaller 5" unit like the Makita PO5000C.

When people do this, do they use the rotary with the compounding material and then switch to polishing materials/pads with the PO5000C.

I have access to a Makita PO5000C so I was thinking of trying the Makita after the Dewalt that I have.
    Yes, the forced rotation is mostly used after the rotary to remove swirl marks. We are using Wizard's Mystic Cut with both machines but you could use a lighter polish with the PO5000C.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Yes, the forced rotation is mostly used after the rotary to remove swirl marks. We are using Wizard's Mystic Cut with both machines but you could use a lighter polish with the PO5000C.
    I use my Flex 3401 forced rotation all the way thru the process from start to finish. Its mainly about the type of
    pads and cutting polish you use on each step. I've stuck the old rotory in a drawer where it stays.
    Autogeek has a lot of info on this subject.