TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to prep chrome bumper for paint adhesion?...help

Philv, i do believe you....

i tried once sanding chrome with 80 grit, it was tough work, and paper does not last long...

i dont have a sandblaster, nor do i want to use one....

and yea, i do think sandblasting is the only proper solution.....i dont want someone touching painted chrome bumper and it just flakes off...

i got few easy jobs today, so, shop is full....no taking questionable risks....

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post

i tried once sanding chrome with 80 grit, it was tough work, and paper does not last long...

and yea, i do think sandblasting is the only proper solution.....i dont want someone touching painted chrome bumper and it just flakes off...

smart move

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post

I agree, Baubau. I wouldn't mess with a job like that either. I would tell the customer to buy a new painted steel bumper and be done with it.