TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: the FLG-4

Default the FLG-4

piggy backing off of the budget gun thread.....

I'm thinking I will give this gun a try. It is in the general ballpark of where I would like to be cost wise.

The reviews are very positive. I watched a number of videos and read a bunch of reviews.

I feel confident it is more gun that I am a painter right now, and for the very near future as well. LOL

The only negative review I read was the fan could be wider. Being that I am not a pro, nor will I be doing this for a living, how much impact is the smaller fan?

And secondly can the tips be changed or is it a fixed package. The reviews I have seen said the 1.5 tip did not perform all that well. I read one that said he used it for single staged urethane but did not say whether it worked OK or not. Can the 1.5 be opted to a 1.4, to go along with the 1.3/1.8?

Thanks again.

Scott

Default Fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123 View Post
    piggy backing off of the budget gun thread.....

I'm thinking I will give this gun a try. It is in the general ballpark of where I would like to be cost wise.

The reviews are very positive. I watched a number of videos and read a bunch of reviews.

I feel confident it is more gun that I am a painter right now, and for the very near future as well. LOL

The only negative review I read was the fan could be wider. Being that I am not a pro, nor will I be doing this for a living, how much impact is the smaller fan?

And secondly can the tips be changed or is it a fixed package. The reviews I have seen said the 1.5 tip did not perform all that well. I read one that said he used it for single staged urethane but did not say whether it worked OK or not. Can the 1.5 be opted to a 1.4, to go along with the 1.3/1.8?

Thanks again.

Scott
    That fan should perform just fine for you. It does for me when I use that gun. One trick is it must be kept CLEAN (the GUN). Below, if you've not seen them is how to CLEAN and how to ADJUST your gun presented by Len. Study it, learn it and you too will find a clean, well adjusted gun is what gets things done.

https://youtu.be/d9fRH7UQPYU (Cleaning video-should go into part one and two)

https://youtu.be/HU6bh5mNbyA (Adjustment video)

Henry

If you click on the picture below you can see the options available with the FLG4. Fluid tips are interchangeable and can be switched for spraying different materials. Additional parts for this gun are available HERE.