TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Dull White Tacoma (Advice Needed)

Default Dull White Tacoma (Advice Needed)

Hey everybody,

after a few years of being out of painting I have sold my Dewalt buffer and most of my equipment. This past weekend I inherited a white Toyota Tacoma and the paint is dull/chalky looking. From my understanding, the white used on Toyotas is a single stage and I am wondering if my porter cable random orbit would work to buff the paint back to life. I usually used it after buffing with the Dewalt, or to apply wax. Any tips or advice?

Thanks,

Julian

PainterDave Guest

single stage or clear it just shine up if only oxidized. but mostly that is a sign of the paint being weathered and on the last days of its life

Quote Originally Posted by flyboyjuge View Post
    Hey everybody,

after a few years of being out of painting I have sold my Dewalt buffer and most of my equipment. This past weekend I inherited a white Toyota Tacoma and the paint is dull/chalky looking. From my understanding, the white used on Toyotas is a single stage and I am wondering if my porter cable random orbit would work to buff the paint back to life. I usually used it after buffing with the Dewalt, or to apply wax. Any tips or advice?

Thanks,

Julian
    Like you we use our orbital after we use a rotary buffer. Using only an orbital will take much longer to get a good shine.

I quickly regret getting rid of it. I guess I'll be working all weekend with the PC

Default Slowly but surely

Not having my Dewalt definitely makes this a long process and I canít find my Surefinish
    Attached Images Attached Images