TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sata Jet 5000 rp advice,...Painter dave, typical car guy..

Well aware of what you are saying Dave. Just for kicks i pulled out the tapemeasure and i am indeed 3-4 inches away. The 5000rp is less sensitive to distance than the other models but for me it has more power the closer you hold it. Im always 75% overlapp also. I may not be sata trained like you but I have it figured out enough to get by.

typicalcarguy, thank you for advice.....i do spray close and pretty fast but i will try your suggestion....in fact, thst is how i spray with my Optimaz fast and wet thin coats...

i will pay close attention to speed and efficiency..i dont like spraying at more than 2bar, 32 psi...

yea i switch from gun to gun lately, sagola 4600, optima,lph400, tekna 7e7 just for fun..

i want to hear your opinion about this new tekna prolite cleaecoat gun....on social media it is getting mixwd reciews..

painterdave ,thanks as well....i have been getting outstanding results with sata 500O, i just want to improve on how to get thinner finish....this gun and sagola 4600 are clear coating beasts...

typicalcarguy, that is what i heard Sata advertise this gun as an advanrage, less sensitive to distance or pressure, and it is actually truez sprays well from 22 to 32 psi

i will get 1.2 set up, tax write off anywayz and if it helps me, even better

Quote Originally Posted by typicalcarguy View Post
    Well aware of what you are saying Dave. Just for kicks i pulled out the tapemeasure and i am indeed 3-4 inches away. The 5000rp is less sensitive to distance than the other models but for me it has more power the closer you hold it. Im always 75% overlapp also. I may not be sata trained like you but I have it figured out enough to get by.
    yeah buddy i spray 4-5 depending what i spray, like i said i dont do not doubt you one bit. but 3 inches is pushing it. most painters claim of 3 inches and being super fast and this and that post videos and they aint no where near their claim. dont need to be sata trained to kill it in the booth man. but there is sweet spots for all guns.

It's funny, I pay little or no attention to my distance from the surface. I'm watching the result on the surface and adjusting accordingly. I use several different primer and topcoat guns and watch how the primer and paint are going on the surface and adjust my speed and distance to get the result I need. I don't even know my distance because it changes according to the gun and products I'm spraying.

in the Production world you repeatedly spay the same shit over and over. if you get a good result you should repeat that result. not change it

Quote Originally Posted by PainterDave View Post
    in the Production world you repeatedly spay the same shit over and over. if you get a good result you should repeat that result. not change it
    Yes, if I was spraying the same product with the same gun day after day I would probably change my approach.

I dont stress anymore, i use the same guns,materials and same booth for the last 13 years (now in a new one that has taken some getting used to) and just go spray. Minimum 4 loads a day more when using both booths so I understand about being consistent. Im not a paint god or anything like that just a production painter and believe it or not pretty humble. This is just what works for me with the RP’s.

yeah buddy, i did production for 30 years. flagged 300 hours a week sometimes less sometimes more.

then all my custom work on top of that. im burned out man lol.

your pics look good and glad to hear new booth working out. i remember seeing your pics of booth.

keeping on painting and enjoy brother