TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun/Kit Recommendations - Best Value Gun For DIYer/Non-Pro?

ive always wanted to try the tekna prolite! ive heard nothing but good things!!! =)

I have two Iwata LPH400s, one with the orange cap and one with the silver cap. Like them a lot, but on my last job I thought "what the hell" and purchased a Tekna pro lite and was really impressed. Only one job so can't be definitive - plus I'm only a hobbyist - , but it is a really nice gun and comes with multiple tips etc for a reasonable price.

I think much of this is personal use and preference. I have a first gen Tekna chrome gun with 1.3 tip and use it to apply base and sometimes clear. Really love the feel and balance of the gun in my hand. I have a Sagola 4500 that I purchased from Len and use it to spray clear only. Really love it as well. Lays the clear out really nice.
    I have an older CVI that I use to spray primers and sealers with. Does a great job. I have the Sagola mini and use it on smaller parts and jobs for base and clear. Like it as well.

Years ago I bought an Astro gravity feed gun to spray primer and such, wound up spraying a few cars with it, really surprised at how well it did for a cheap gun. Did most of my work using a Sata 95.
    thinking about selling my Sagola 4500 and getting the newer 4600 just to stay updated.

Default Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by kenc View Post
    I have two Iwata LPH400s, one with the orange cap and one with the silver cap. Like them a lot, but on my last job I thought "what the hell" and purchased a Tekna pro lite and was really impressed. Only one job so can't be definitive - plus I'm only a hobbyist - , but it is a really nice gun and comes with multiple tips etc for a reasonable price.
    That gun will perform better in your hand the more you use it. I found you need the air dialed in properly and not too much. Let us know how yours does going forward.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by studebaker View Post
    I think much of this is personal use and preference. I have a first gen Tekna chrome gun with 1.3 tip and use it to apply base and sometimes clear. Really love the feel and balance of the gun in my hand. I have a Sagola 4500 that I purchased from Len and use it to spray clear only. Really love it as well. Lays the clear out really nice.
    I have an older CVI that I use to spray primers and sealers with. Does a great job. I have the Sagola mini and use it on smaller parts and jobs for base and clear. Like it as well.

Years ago I bought an Astro gravity feed gun to spray primer and such, wound up spraying a few cars with it, really surprised at how well it did for a cheap gun. Did most of my work using a Sata 95.
    thinking about selling my Sagola 4500 and getting the newer 4600 just to stay updated.
    I just found out that the Sagola factory in Spain closes for the entire month of August but our warehouse here in the US stays open. If you're going to order a gun you should do it before the warehouse runs out of a particular model and can't reorder from the closed factory until September. This happens every year and I always forget until the warehouse tells me about it.