TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Buffer spindle Extension

Default Buffer spindle Extension

Saw a detailer using an extender on a Makita 9227 with a 3 inch pad. Looked like a nice set-up for getting a small pad in tight spots without a big machine getting in the way. Anyone here using this in detailing?
    dlm ny country

Quote Originally Posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
    Saw a detailer using an extender on a Makita 9227 with a 3 inch pad. Looked like a nice set-up for getting a small pad in tight spots without a big machine getting in the way. Anyone here using this in detailing?
    dlm ny country
    The only extension that I know of is the one linked below.

You may also want to consider an air powered 3" buffer like the one linked below. This is what we use for small/tight jobs.

Default extensions

Thanks Len. I've got one of those I was looking for something more like the picture. They seem pretty abundant on the web and they avoid having to buy another machine. I do like the Rupes 75 for a small machine though which wouldn't really call for an extension..

dlm ny country
    Attached Images Attached Images

i wouldnt use that long of a extension, seems you would lose all control.

Quote Originally Posted by PainterDave View Post
    i wouldnt use that long of a extension, seems you would lose all control.
    That's what I was thinking.

Default spindle extension

Yeah I thought about that but maybe a 2 or 3 inch extension would help with a small pad ( 3 inch) in some of the lower tight spots like lower front bumper/valance/spoiler. I would only use the extension on a small pad too.

dlm ny country

Yeah I thought about that but maybe a 2 or 3 inch extension would help with a small pad ( 3 inch) in some of the lower tight spots like lower front bumper/valance/spoiler. I would only use the extension on a small pad too.

dlm ny country
    If you get one let us know how it works.

Default Well?

dlm ny country
    Just don't spend a lot of money improvising something. Yours is a good idea but I strongly feel the 'top heavyness' combined with the pressure pushing down on the pad, in combination would be a constant tipping problem.

Whatever you end up making be sure to test thoroughly on a test panel. I wish you well.

Henry