TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: ResistALL CALTEX vs Liquid Glass

Default ResistALL CALTEX vs Liquid Glass

I just purchased a 2017 Tahoe for my wife. I drove it from the show room floor straight to my garage where it is waiting for possible undercoat, Paint Sealant, Leather and Carpet protection. Dealer pushed hard on having it sprayed with ResistALL before it left the show room floor. Product has a 7 year guarantee with got an honorable mention in my opinion, but as far as the quality of the product, well jury still out. It applied in the wash bay after washing the car prior to show room delivery. Applied with a spray bottle in a little kit sold on Ebay for well under $100. Cost of dealer application, $799. Same product that is sprayed on the clear coat is also sprayed on leather, vinyl, and fabric. Local detailer will apply a product called "Liquid Ice" for half the price, but no guarantee. It does, however, sound like a better product. I'm not convinced this option is much more than a high profit item with a nice value option for the seller. I have never had a stain on any vehicle I have ever owned that I could not remove with exterior cleaner, carpet cleaner, or leather cleaner. Would really appreciate some advise on this before I tell my wife to get it out and drive it.

I'm here with no evidence but I'll give you my opinion. The reason the dealer was upset that you took the car out without the magic fluid applied is he was watching $750 of pure profit disappear out of his pocket. I'm positive he has less than $10 invested in the bottle of fluid and maybe $40 of shop time in the application or more realistically $10 worth of time from the car wash guy in the parking lot if you aren't watching.

What the fluid is worth depends on the extent of fear the customer has. It's a mind game and the customer is the only looser. Base coat has protection on it from the factory. It's called clear coat. Clear coat doesn't need any wax or mystery fluid to protect it. Save your money and spend it a little dab at a time over the life of the car by washing the outside and vacuuming out the inside. If you put that $800 stuff on the car and then don't keep it clean it will deteriorate from the abrasion of the dirt on the fabric and paint just as fast as if you don't have it put on. Keep it clean is all you have to do.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Bob K
    Last edited by Bob K; 12-20-2017 at 01:31 AM. Reason: spelling

bob's right, save your money. use the products you already know and trust. this resistall isn't going to stop any rock chips right? i bought my wife a new jetta in 2011, i wash and vac weekly, looks like new. 100k miles and still smells like new as well. only problem with appearance is rock chips from freeway driving. if i had it to do again, i'd probably put on a clear wrap on the leading edges.
    i just like top use standard cleaning products and waxes, works best fore me.
    b marler

I never was convinced the product itself was any good. If a buyer is interested in insurance for paint stains or stains in carpet and leather or vinyl that can not be removed by the customer, the dealership guarantees if they can not remove it, they will repaint or replace. I have never had an interior or exterior stain I could not remove, so it did not seem worth the investment to me. Just wondered if I would get confirmation from some of the members here. Thanks.